This is the BEST Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing recipe! It’s made with savory herbs, sweet apple, and crunchy walnuts. The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving! Oil-free, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious.
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp low sodium tamari (soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried sage
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large sauce pan combine the wild rice and low sodium veggie broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 30-40 minutes. You want to cook the rice until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat while the rice cooks. Once the pan is hot add the onion and celery and cook until the onion is soft. Add the mushrooms, garlic, tamari, sage, thyme, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture, diced apple, and walnuts to the rice. Mix until everything is well combined. Taste and season as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, stuffing, vegan stuffing, plant-based, recipes