This is the BEST Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing recipe! It’s made with savory herbs, sweet apple, and crunchy walnuts. The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving! Oil-free, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious.
Yes, I realize I made a big deal about whether or not it should be called “dressing” or “stuffing” in a previous post. I know, I said it should be dressing. Because we’re not actually stuffing anything. Yet, here I am calling this recipe, vegan Wild Rice Stuffing.
You’re probably asking, “Why, Shane? It’s so confusing.”
All I can say is wild rice dressing just didn’t sound right so I opted for stuffing. I apologize for any confusion this may cause. But, I promise if you make this dish you’ll forget all about my hypocrisy and enjoy the nice carb coma that awaits you this Thanksgiving.
So, let’s get to making it.
Table of Contents
How To Make Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing
This Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing is so easy to make and uses normal ingredients. I bet you have most of them just sitting in your pantry.
Start by adding the wild rice and low sodium veggie broth to a saucepan. Turn up the heat and let it boil. Then, reduce the heat, cover, and let it simmer for about 30-40 minutes. You want to cook the rice until the liquid is completely absorbed.
Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat while the rice is cooking. Once the pan is ready, add the onion and celery and let them cook until the onion is soft. Toss in the mushrooms, garlic, tamari, sage, thyme, and let everything cook for about 10 minutes.
Add the rice to the mushroom mixture then add the diced apple and walnuts. Mix until everything is well combined. Give it a little taste and make sure it meets your approval.
That’s it! Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing. It’s one of the best gluten free stuffing recipes out there and you just made it. Congratulations!
Serve this as a side at your next holiday dinner gathering and all hell might break loose…in a good way.
More Vegan Holiday Dishes
Be sure and try my other amazing holiday recipes…
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf
- Creamy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- The Best Vegan Mac & Cheese
- The Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes
And, don’t forget my delicious easy vegan Cornbread Dressing.
You’re going to LOVE this Vegan Wild Rice stuffing. It’s…
- Full of flavor
- & freaking Delicious
This is sure to be a favorite dish on your holiday table this year.Print
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 ½ cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp low sodium tamari (soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 ½ Tbsp dried sage
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 apple, diced
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large sauce pan combine the wild rice and low sodium veggie broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 30-40 minutes. You want to cook the rice until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat while the rice cooks. Once the pan is hot add the onion and celery and cook until the onion is soft. Add the mushrooms, garlic, tamari, sage, thyme, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture, diced apple, and walnuts to the rice. Mix until everything is well combined. Taste and season as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 45 mins.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 247 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, stuffing, vegan stuffing, plant-based, recipes