Easy Vegan Barbecue Baked Beans. Cooked in a delicious homemade BBQ sauce that’s rich, tangy, sweet, smoky and delicious.
- 3 15–ounce cans low-sodium or no salt added cannellini or pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1–2 tsp. liquid smoke
- Preheat a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, and 2-3 Tbsp. of water or veggie stock for cooking to the pan. Cook until onions are a little soft. Usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the beans, BBQ Sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir until beans are completely coated then let them simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
To freeze, place the beans in 1 large container or in individual containers. Let the beans cool to room temperature and freeze the day you cook them. When you’re ready to eat, place them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw and warm them in the microwave.
Leftover baked beans will keep for 7-10 days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 534.6 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.8 g
- Fiber: 9.4 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: barbecue, baked beans, vegan, picnic, plant-bases, vegetarian bbq baked beans, vegan recipes, grill