This Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce is delicious as it is simple. Sweet, tangy, vegan, and ready in 5 minutes. And, it’s made with super simple ingredients you probably have right now.
BBQ Sauce should NEVER be bought! Why? Because it’s usually nothing more than a bottle of overpriced red high-fructose corn syrup. That is, unless you’re willing to spend 8-10 bucks on one of the so-called “higher quality” brands. Nope!
This is one of the the easiest, simplest, and most cost-efficient sauces to make at home. It’s also very manly. So, save your money and strengthen your manhood by making this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce.
BBQ Sauce Ingredients
You’re probably thinking there’s some big secret to making a decent homemade barbecue sauce. Nope. It can actually be made with very simple ingredients probably sitting in your fridge right now.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Organic Ketchup: Why organic ketchup? Because it doesn’t have corn syrup in the ingredients. You could also use Simply Heinz as well. Just be sure and read the label.
- Maple Syrup: It’s completely optional. So, if you like a more robust bbq sauce just leave it out. I tend to like mine a little sweeter.
- Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce: Be sure it’s vegetarian. Many brands of Worcestershire sauce use anchovy. A damn fish! In BBQ sauce! So, once again…make sure it’s vegetarian.
- Low-sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari: If you want to make this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce gluten-free, use Tamari.
- White Vinegar: It’s completely optional, but I like the “bite” the vinegar adds.
- Smoked Paprika: Feel free to use regular paprika. It’s completely up to you. But, I LOVE smoky things.
- Liquid Smoke: Once again, this is optional. As I said, I love smoky things.
- Yellow Mustard: Nothing fancy. Just plain, everyday yellow mustard.
How To Make Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Put all your ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
Told you it was easy.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
Give this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce a try. I’m sure you’ll like it because it’s..
- Easy & simple to make
- Completely customizable
- Made with everyday ingredients
Use this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce for beans, jackfruit, soy curls, tofu or on top of baked potatoes. It also makes a delicious dipping sauce. Simply heat in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat after whisking. Perfect!
You know the drill. Like always. If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram.Print