Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast cookies are so easy to make, delicious, and healthy! They’re made with natural wholesome plant-based ingredients and are completely oil-free. These cookies are sure to be a welcome addition to your morning routine.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour or oat flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nondairy chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries, or dried cherries
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place the bananas into a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until fairly smooth. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla then stir until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt (if using) into a smaller mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is well combined. The batter should be slightly sticky.
- Fold in the coconut, chocolate chips, dried fruit, and chopped pecans.
- Place 1-2 heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown. Remove from the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan