Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast Cookies are so easy to make, ready in 10 minutes, delicious, and healthy! They’re made with natural wholesome plant-based ingredients and are completely oil-free. These cookies are sure to be a welcome addition to your morning routine.
Do you have a hard time getting your kids to eat breakfast? Do you find yourself running out the door with an empty stomach? Yes, I’m breakfast shaming you. But, it’s only because I love you. So, I think it’s time you tried cookies for breakfast? That’s right, COOKIES! No, not one those oil-filled, chemically cooked store shelf cookies. But, something better.
These Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast Cookies are chewy, moist, decadent, and insanely delicious. Loaded with wholesome and natural plant-based ingredients, these cookies come together very quickly and pack quite a nutrition punch. So, how ’bout it? Ready?
Well, let’s make some cookies!
Ingredients You’ll Need
These delicious breakfast cookies are simple to make and come together very quickly. And, because they’re packed with protein and fiber you’re sure to stay full and regular. Good times. Here’s all you need…
- Wet Ingredients: bananas, maple syrup, natural almond butter, and vanilla
- Dry Ingredients: old-fashioned oats, gluten-free baking flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder
- Add-Ins: non-dairy chocolate chips, dried cranberries or raisins, shredded coconut, pecans or walnuts
How To Make Vegan Breakfast Cookies
These healthy vegan breakfast cookies come together super quickly. Here’s how you do it.
- Mix your wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix your dry ingredients
- Add the dry to the wet and stir well
- Fold in your add-ins
That’s it! Healthy and delicious gluten-free vegan breakfast cookies that are ready in as little as 10 minutes. Wasn’t that easy? These cookies are super versatile so feel free to get creative and try other healthy add-ins like…
- pumpkin seeds
- any dried fruit
- sunflower seeds
FAQ, Tips, & Tricks
- These cookies are good for about a week when left on the counter in an airtight container.
- If you’d like to freeze the dough simply roll it out into separate balls and store until you’re ready to use. Simply let the balls thaw to room temperature then bake.
- Make a batch and freeze them by placing them in a freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container. They’re perfect for batch cooking.
- To make these cookies completely nut-free replace the almond butter with sunflower butter and omit the nuts.
- New to cooking without oil? Check out Healthy Oil Replacements in Baking to get you going.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan No-Bake Cookies
- Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast cookies are so easy to make, delicious, and healthy! They’re made with natural wholesome plant-based ingredients and are completely oil-free. These cookies are sure to be a welcome addition to your morning routine.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup natural almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup gluten-free baking flour or oat flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place the bananas into a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until fairly smooth. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla then stir until the mixture has a creamy consistency.
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt (if using) into a smaller mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is well combined. The batter should be slightly sticky.
- Fold in the coconut, chocolate chips, dried fruit, and chopped pecans.
- Place 1-2 heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown. Remove from the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 7.3 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg