Homemade Almond Butter is so easy to make and requires just 1 ingredient. It’s creamy, delicious, and will save you money. No added oil.
Nut butter is great to have around, especially if you have children. But, outside of peanut butter, they can get pretty expensive. So, why not make your own?
You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own homemade almond butter. And, here’s the best part – ONE INGREDIENT! No added oils, sugars, etc. Just almonds!
Let’s make it!
How To Make Almond Butter
My personal preference is almonds, but you can use any nut you like.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread the almonds onto a baking sheet. Roast them for 10-12 minutes. You want them smelling good and browned a bit, but not stinky and burned.
- Place almonds in the food processor and let them blend until you see almond butter. This part of the process usually takes around 11-12 minutes so please, be patient.
- The nuts should go from whole to ground-up & choppy, lumpy, and finally, nut butter. Also, you will more than likely need to stop the food processor periodically to scrape down the sides…perfectly normal.
- Once the almond butter is finished let it cool then transfer it to a glass jar with a lid. Don’t seal it until it’s completely cooled. You don’t want steam to build up inside the jar as it can make your almond butter spoil faster.
- You can store homemade almond butter in the fridge for at least 2 weeks in the fridge. But, you might find that it will last longer.
How To Make Homemade Almond Butter In A Blender
Place the lid on your Vitamix, remove the cap, and nsert the tamper through the lid. Now, turn the Vitamix on low, increase the speed, and use the tamper to consistently push down on the almonds. Be sure and focus on the corners.
You should have nut butter in just a few minutes.
More Vegan Dressings & Sauces
- Vegan Chipotle Aioli
- The Best Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Easy Vegan Cream Cheese
Please leave a comment and a star rating. It really helps. Thanks! Peace and feast!Print