Healthy, hearty, and comforting Instant Pot Vegetable Soup made in 30 minutes. This electric pressure cooker soup recipe is delicious and perfect for those cold and rainy days. Packed with your favorite Fall veggies this soup is also vegan, gluten free, and oil free.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic or 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 medium russet potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, and carrots)
- 1 28-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes (regular is fine)
- 1 can low-sodium or no salt added red kidney beans
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Set the Instant Pot pressure cooker high and saute. The display will read “HOT” once its ready.
- Toss in the onion, garlic, and celery and cook for about 2-3 minutes. If needed, add 1-2 Tbsp of the veggie broth to prevent sticking.
- Press “CANCEL” on the Instant Pot and add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the veggie broth, stir with a wooden spoon, and scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure nothing is sticking. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine everything.
- Put the cover on the Instant Pot and lock the lid. Turn the valve to sealing, select “Manual”, and set the time to 5 minutes. Keep in mind that t usually takes the Instant Pot about 15-20 minutes to come to pressure. So, take that into consideration when preparing this recipe. Once the cook time is finished you can let the pressure release naturally (usually about 10 minutes) or manually.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Garnish with fresh or dried parsely.
- Serve with my Whole Wheat Beer Bread.
For The Stove Top
- Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat and cook the onion, garlic, and celery for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir to combine everything. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add all the remanining ingredients, including the low-sodium veggie stock, and bring to boil. Then, reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Soup is done when the potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork and the veggies are soft.
- Serve with my delicious Whole Wheat Beer Bread.
- Category: One Bowl
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: instant pots soup, pressure cooker soup, vegetable soup, pressure cooker soup, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, instant pot soup