Healthy, hearty, and comforting Instant Pot Vegetable Soup. This electric pressure cooker soup recipe is delicious and perfect for those cold and rainy days. It’s vegan, gluten free, and oil free.
Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but this soup is so delightful. And, it’s so freaking cold outside we don’t want to go anywhere. So, let’s stay home and enjoy this homemade Instant Pot Vegetable Soup. And, not settle for some sodium-saturated canned water.
Pressure cooking has never been safer or easier. It’s one of the best ways to make things like this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup. I’ve been making vegetable soup for years, but not this easy or tasty! And, because I always use frozen vegetables in this recipe, it really couldn’t get any easier.
Let’s make some soup!
How To Make Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Start by dicing your onion and celery while the Instant Pot is heating on saute. Once it reads “HOT” it’s ready. Now, toss in the onion, minced garlic, and celery and cook for about 2-3 minutes. If needed, add 1-2 Tbsp of the veggie broth to prevent sticking. But, you should be fine.
Press “CANCEL” on the Instant Pot and add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything and let it all cook for about 1 minute.
Pour in the low sodium vegetable broth, stir with a wooden spoon, and be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure nothing is sticking.
Add the chopped potatoes, 3 cups of the frozen veggies (green beans, corn, peas, and carrots), diced tomatoes, and kidney beans.
Put the cover on the Instant Pot, lock the lid, select “Manual” and set the time to 5 minutes. It will take the Instant Pot about 20 minutes or so to come to pressure with this much liquid. So, be sure and take that into consideration when considering the cook time.
Once the soup is done let the pressure cooker do a natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any pressure that remains. Open the lid, taste, and adjust your seasoning.
Vegan Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
You will love the Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe. It’s…
- Full of flavor
- Perfect for freezing
- Low fat
- & Freaking Delicious
- Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Cabbage
- The Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Blueberry Banana Breakfast Quinoa
Healthy, hearty, and comforting Instant Pot Vegetable Soup. This electric pressure cooker soup recipe is absolutely delicious and perfect for those cold and rainy days.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of minced garlic or 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 medium russet potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, and carrots)
- 1 28-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes (regular is fine)
- 1 can low-sodium or no salt added red kidney beans
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Set the Instant Pot pressure cooker high and saute. The display will read “HOT” once its ready.
- Toss in the onion, garlic, and celery and cook for about 2-3 minutes. If needed, add 1-2 Tbsp of the veggie broth to prevent sticking.
- Press “CANCEL” on the Instant Pot and add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the veggie broth, stir with a wooden spoon, and scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure nothing is sticking. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine everything.
- Put the cover on the Instant Pot and lock the lid. Turn the valve to sealing, select “Manual”, and set the time to 5 minutes. Keep in mind that t usually takes the Instant Pot about 15-20 minutes to come to pressure. So, take that into consideration when preparing this recipe. Once the cook time is finished you can let the pressure release naturally (usually about 10 minutes) or manually.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Granish with fresh or dried parsely.
- Serve with my Whole Wheat Beer Bread.
For The Stove Top
- Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat and cook the onion, garlic, and celery for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir to combine everything. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add all the remanining ingredients, including the low-sodium veggie stock, and bring to boil. Then, reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Soup is done when the potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork and the veggies are soft.
- Serve with my delicious Whole Wheat Beer Bread.
- Category: One Bowl
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: instant pot, pressure cooker, vegetable soup, pressure cooker soup, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, instant pot soup