If you’re a fan of tangy, creamy sauces with a bit of kick, this vegan Mississippi comeback sauce is as good as it gets. It’s creamy, tangy, full of flavor, and provides just the right amount of kick. Oil-free and gluten-free.
- 1 cup vegan cashew mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of horseradish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cashew mayonnaise, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, horseradish, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk everything together until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Mix well, making sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings as needed. If you like your sauce spicy, you can add a few dashes of hot sauce to the mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the sauce for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- Once the sauce has chilled and the flavors have had time to develop, give it a quick stir and taste it again. Adjust the seasonings as needed, then serve the sauce alongside your favorite dishes.
Pour any leftover Mississippi Comeback into a jar or airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. This cashew mayo will thicken as it sits so thin it out with a little water or lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 293.5 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Mississippi, comeback sauce, vegan sauces, vegan dressings, easy vegan recipes, easy plant-based recipes