If your taste buds had hands they would high five you after one bite of this potato chip tomato sandwich! It’s super easy to make, healthy, crunchy, creamy and absolutely delicious. Perfect for lunch or a late night snack. Vegan and low-fat.
- 2 slices whole grain bread of choice (I love Dave’s Killer Bread)
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 2 Tbsp. Creamy Cashew Mayo (or more if desired)
- 1 BIG handful Shane & Simple Five Minute Fat-Free Microwave Potato Chips
- Pinch of salt and pepper
MAKE THE SANDWICH
- Spread desired amount of mayo on each slice of bread
- Add 3 slices of tomato to one slice of bread
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper
- Pile a BIG handful of chips on top of tomatoes and place 2nd slice of bread on top
- Press down GENTLY and “squish” everything together
- Cut in half if you prefer and ENJOY!
This recipe was inspired by one of my heroes, Sam The Cooking Guy. He’s not a vegan, but he is an inspiration and the reason I started cooking. I wanted to figure out a way to make this recipe healthy so I added whole grain bread, the cashew mayo and homemade fat-free chips.