It’s time you stopped buying that salmonella pudding trap they call “mayo”. Do yourself a favor and make this Creamy Rich Cashew Mayo. It’s healthy, egg-free, low-fat, super easy, and delicious. You deserve better and so does your sandwich.
Cashews make a great mayo. Why? Because they’re neutral in flavor and have an awesome texture after you soak and blend them. Thick, rich, and creamy!
This recipe is amazingly SIMPLE! Soak some cashews, toss them in a blender with the spices, and blend until smooth. That’s it.
Plant-based or meat-eater, sauces are what make sandwiches. And, a sandwich is not a sandwich without some type of mayo on it. So, why not make a mayo that’s healthy and can be slathered with reckless abandon?
One way to try it out would be on my Potato Chip Tomato Sandwich. Pretty amazing!
You will love this mayo? It’s creamy, rich, tangy, thick, simple to make, and absolutely delicious!
And, if you do make this recipe I want to know. So, please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 heaping tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Soak cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. If you have a high-speed blender, like a Vitamix, soaking is optional. But, it will make the mayo that much creamier.
- Add cashews along with all other ingredients to blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Stop and taste test: adding more apple cider vinegar for tanginess; lemon juice for acidity; salt for saltiness; and more water if you want it not so thick.
- Blend once more after making final adjustments. Pour into a jar or container and store fridge until ready to use. It will keep for several days.
*Add a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce during the blending and it makes a great aioli.
*If you have a nut allergy, use a 12 ounce box of firm or extra firm silken tofu.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 Tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 2g