These Chipotle Chickpea Tacos are everything you want in a taco – meaty, spicy, smoky and a freaking flavor bomb! Five ingredients, ready in less than 15 minutes, and absolutely delicious.
For The Tacos
- 1 15-ounce can No Salt Added or Low-Sodium chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy or tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder. (If you want it hotter add more. Less hot, not so much.)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Once the pan is ready, add chickpeas and cook for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients making sure to mix well to cover chickpeas. Cook until moisture has disappeared from the pan, usually a couple of minutes.
- Divide the chickpeas between 6 tacos, top as desired and serve. My favorite is just guacamole and cilantro.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tacos, vegan, chickpeas, low-fat, healthy