If ever there was a recipe that exemplified everything Shane & Simple is about, it’s this one. Chipotle Chickpea Tacos! EASY. PLANT-BASED. DELICIOUS. These things are everything you want in a taco – meaty, spicy, smoky and a freaking flavor bomb!
Are you ready? Let’s GO!
This recipe is so freaking easy I amaze even myself. All you need are 5 ingredients and no cooking skill whatsoever. Well, maybe a little skill. Can you heat a pan? If so, you’re good to go.
It all starts with a can of chickpeas. Chickpeas are the perfect filling for this taco because they’re meaty, have a great flavor and loaded with protein. But, why canned chickpeas? Because I ain’t got time to soak some dry beans for a month and then cook for another 3 days. That’s why!
Here’s the procedure: heat a pan, cook chickpeas, throw in spices and soy sauce, cook some more. You’re almost done.
Now, let’s build it!
Ready your tortillas: I prefer to double up on the tortillas because this ain’t some wimpy ass taco. Next, load up the guacamole and cilantro. YOU’RE DONE!
Chipotle Chili powder has a bit of a kick so if spice ain’t your thing, lay off a bit. But, I like my mouth begging for the fire department so I go a little heavy with it. You’ve been warned.
If you like tacos, you’re going to love this recipe. These tacos are…
EASY TO MAKE
This is the perfect weeknight meal and great when you’re hosting. It’s quick, healthy, and incredibly easy to double or triple the recipe. Also, if guacamole ain’t your thing, this goes great with my Cashew Sour Cream. It’ll help easy the burn.
Be sure and let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment, take a picture, post it on Instagram and tag the photo #shaneandsimple so I can see your dish. If you want to be kept up to speed on all that’s going down with Shane & Simple and my latest recipes – SUBSCRIBE HERE!
These Chipotle Chickpea Tacos are everything you want in a taco – meaty, spicy, smoky and a freaking flavor bomb! Five ingredients, ready in less than 15 minutes, and absolutely delicious.
For The Tacos
- 1 15 ounce can No Salt Added or Low-Sodium chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy or tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder. (If you want it hotter add more. Less hot, not so much.)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- Chopped Cilantro
- Cashew Sour Cream
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- While pan is heating, drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Once the pan is ready, add chickpeas and cook for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients making sure to mix well to cover chickpeas. Cook until moisture has disappeared from the pan, usually a couple minutes.
- Divide the chickpeas between 6 tacos, top as desired and serve. My favorite is just guacamole and cilantro.