Instant Pot Potato Soup is made easy in an electric pressure cooker. This vegan & gluten free potato soup recipe is hearty, creamy, and comforting.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 pounds of russet potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes (usually about 8 medium), sliced in 1-2″ chunks
- 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened plant milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Once it’s ready add the carrots, celery, and garlic with 1-2 Tbsp of water or veggie broth. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Press “Cancel” on the Instant Pot, add 2 more tablespoons of veggie broth and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen up any of the little brown bits.
- Add the potatoes, veggie broth, salt, garlic, parsley, thyme, onion powder, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid, set the valve to seal, and set the Instant Pot timer to cook on Manual High Pressure for 4 minutes. Once the soup is finished cooking let the pressure release naturally or use the quick release method. Once all of the remaining pressure is release unlock and remove the lid.
- Whisk the non-dairy milk and cornstarch together and stir into the potato soup until the soup thickens. Then, stir in the nutritional yeast until everything is well combined. If you prefer a less chunky soup use an immersion blender to give it more of a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste…serve!
Place leftovers in airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I would skip the freezing process when it comes to potato soup. Potatoes have an odd texture once they’re defrosted and the soup won’t be as good.
If you prefer a less chunky soup use an immersion blender to give it more of a creamy consistency.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 232.8 mg
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, potato soup, vegan potato soup, vegan, plant based, easy, healthy