This Instant Pot Potato Soup recipe is one of the BEST and easiest comfort food recipes you can make. It’s loaded with delicious chunks of potatoes, a few other veggies, and some amazing spices. Creamy, delicious, healthy, and vegan! It’s the ultimate Fall & Winter food.
If you’re having a hard time getting your loved ones and friends to eat more veggies that’s all about to change. Because this Instant Pot Potato Soup is amazing!
It’s thick, hearty, savory, filling, healthy and just plain good! Oh, yeah. It’s also vegan. But, they’ll never know unless you tell them.
Let’s make it!
How To Make Instant Pot Potato Soup
This is one of the easiest soup recipes. Start by choosing your potato. Russet potatoes are my favorite, but use whatever you prefer. And, you don’t need to peel the potatoes. But, that’s also up to you.
Cut the potatoes into 1-2″ chunks and toss them into the Instant Pot. Then, add the veggie broth, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Give it all a quick stir so everything is well combined.
Set the Instant Pot to cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. It will take the Instant about 12-15 minutes to come to full pressure so be sure and take that into consideration.
Once the potato soup is finished cooking carefully do a “quick release” and remove the lid.
Whisk the almond milk and corn starch together and stir into the potato soup until it starts to thicken.
Finally, add in the nutritional yeast and stir until everything is well combined. This part is optional, but I love the nutty, cheesy flavor it adds to the soup. And, you’re done! The BEST vegan Instant Pot Potato Soup.
Can I Make Potato Soup Without An Instant Pot
Use a large pot on the stovetop. Add all the ingredients except the almond milk, corn starch, and nutritional yeast. Bring everything to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
It takes a little longer, but it’s still every bit as delicious!
How To Serve Instant Pot Potato Soup
It’s the perfect soup for the cooler months because it’s so creamy and comforting. You should also add this to your Thanksgiving menu!
I love topping this delicious soup with chopped up bits of my Smoky Maple Tempeh Bacon and green onions. Oh…my…GOODNESS!
Is It Safe To Cook With An Instant Pot
Yes, absolutely! Many people are hesitant to use any type of pressure cooker. Because at some point they’ve heard about a pressure cooker explosion or other pressure cooker accidents.
But, the truth is it’s almost always user error. Instant Pot has great safety measures in place to prevent accidents. In fact, they have 10 safety mechanisms. Check them out HERE! And, when followed you should have no cause for concern.
You are going to love this vegan Instant Pot Potato Soup! It’s…
- Easy to make
- Full of flavor
- Whole Foods, Plant-based
- Perfect for Fall & Winter
- & Delicious!
More Amazing Vegan Comfort Foods
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Creamy Vegan Tomato Bisque
- Vegan Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
This Instant Pot Potato Soup is THE BEST comfort food. It’s loaded with delicious chunks of potatoes and other veggies. It’s creamy, delicious, healthy, and vegan! The ultimate Fall & Winter food.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes – about 8 medium
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened plant milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Slice and cut potatoes into 1-2″ chunks and place in the Instant Pot. I prefer NOT to peel the potatoes, but do what you prefer.
- Add the veggie broth, carrots, celery, salt, garlic, parsley, thyme, onion powder, and pepper to the Instant Pot with the potatoes. Lock the lid, set the valve to seal, and set the Instant Pot to cook on Manual High Pressure for 4 minutes. Once the soup is finished cooking do a “quick release” and removed the lid.
- Whisk the unsweetened almond milk and corn starch together and stir into the potato soup until the soup thickens. Then, stir in the nutritional yeast until everything is well combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste…serve!
- Category: One Bowl
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Instant Pot, potato soup, vegan potato soup, vegan, plant based, easy, healthy