Quick, creamy, and deliciously fluffy vegan mashed potatoes without any dairy! Perfect for holidays or the perfect side for any dinner. Healthy, gluten-free, and low-fat.
- 2 pounds of russet potatoes (about 5–6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup warm cashew milk
- 1/4 cup cashew sour cream or tofu sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cube the potatoes then place them into a large pot or Dutch oven. Fill the pot with water until the potatoes are covered. Bring the water to a boil then reduce the heat to medium and cook the potatoes uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes using a colander then add them back to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes by hand using a potato masher or fork. Add the milk and vegan sour cream to the potatoes and mash to desired consistency. (I prefer mine on the lumpy side)
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or chives and serve.
- Leftovers will keep in a covered container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. To reheat them simply place them in a casserole dish, cover them with foil, and bake for 20 minutes at 350˚F. You can also warm the potatoes in a microwave or heat them in a large saucepan on the stovetop.
- Adding freshly chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, or parsley are great ways to enhance potatoes. They add an earthiness and aroma that’s pure heaven.
- This recipe is assuming you’ve made the vegan sour cream beforehand.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 25.2 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.2 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan mashed potatoes, butter, fluffy, creamy, easy vegan mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes, easy vegan recipes, gluten-free recipes, plant-based recipes