- Begin by making the tempeh bacon.
- While the tempeh bacon is cooking prepare the vegan ranch dressing.
- Add the chopped romaine, cherry tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onion to a large bowl then toss until the ingredients are well combined. Pour about half of the dressing over the salad and then lightly toss until everything is combined and evenly coated.
- Cut or tear the tempeh bacon into bite-size pieces and add to the top of the salad while saving a few extra pieces to crumble for the topping. Toss once more to combine everything.
- Serve the salad in individual bowls, top with extra tempeh bacon, drizzle with leftover ranch dressing, sprinkle with a little black pepper if desired, and enjoy!
*The prep time includes the cooking time for the tempeh bacon.
Leftover vegan BLT salad should be placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can store it a little longer but the salad will become very soft and soggy.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegan Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 10.4 g
- Sodium: 345.1 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
- Fiber: 9.6 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan blt salad, easy plant-based recipes, easy vegan recipes, oil-free, healthy