The BEST Vegan Macaroni Salad is so easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s loaded with crunchy veggies, a rich and creamy dressing, and is sure to please any crowd. The best cold pasta salad for summer picnics, cookouts, and gatherings.
For The Salad
- (1) 16-ounce box of gluten-free pasta noodles or whole-grain elbow macaroni (roughly 4 cups uncooked)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
For The Dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the macaroni, and cook pasta according to the package directions for al dente texture. Transfer the macaroni to a colander, drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Place the macaroni into a large bowl with the chopped veggies and toss until everything is mixed well.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cashew Mayo, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk until everything mixed together and it’s smooth and creamy. Pour it into the onion, celery, green pepper, red pepper, and macaroni and toss until well combined.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best. You can enjoy this immediately if you like, but it’s best once it’s had the chance to chill for a bit.
This is perfect as is, but feel free to add any on of these amazing toppings: Vegan Bacon Bits, fresh or dried dill, or smoked paprika.
If you’re into meal prepping this is an excellent recipe.
Store this vegan pasta salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Sodium: 176.2 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan macaroni salad, vegan macaroni sald no mayo, vegan pea pasta salad, easy vegan macaroni salad