The BEST Vegan Macaroni Salad is so easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s loaded with crunchy veggies, covered in a rich and creamy no mayo dressing, and is sure to please any crowd. The best cold pasta salad for summer picnics, cookouts, and gatherings.
I LOVE macaroni salad! And, growing up it was always one of my favorite potluck dishes. But, the original classic recipes are usually filled with dairy and tons of mayo. Not to mention feeling like a big grease ball after every helping. Bye-bye bathing suit.
But, that was then and this is now. This Vegan Macaroni Salad is not only AMAZING it’s also healthy! The dressing is made with my Cashew Mayo and is rich, creamy, and seasoned to perfection. It’s full of crunchy colorful veggies. And, it’s super simple.
This is sure to be your new go-to side dish for any summer BBQ, cookout, or picnic. And, no one will ever know it’s vegan or healthy.
Easy Vegan Macaroni Salad Ingredients
You’ll be amazed at the simplicity and flavor of this vegan pasta salad. You can use gluten free macaroni or whole-grain pasta in this recipe. Once cooked it’s combined with a decadent dressing and healthy veggies. Sheer perfection.
How To Make Vegan Macaroni Salad
This recipe is so simple and ready in less than 30 minutes following a few basic steps.
- The Pasta. Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box. Then, drain it and rinse under cold water.
- The Veggies. As the pasta cooks, chop your veggies and get them ready.
- The Dressing. The dressing is made using my Cashew Mayo and it’s super easy. Just whisk the ingredients together and you’re all set.
- Make. Add the pasta and veggies to a mixing bowl and toss until everything is combined. Then, pour the dressing over the pasta and veggies and toss until everything is mixed together. Cover and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Vegan Bacon Bits
- Dried or fresh dill
- Smoked Paprika
- Black pepper
How Long Does This Keep
- You can store this vegan pasta salad, covered, in the fridge for up to a week.
What To Serve With Vegan Pasta Salad
This dish pairs excellently with many of my other recipes.
You will love this easy vegan macaroni salad recipe. It’s…
- Much lighter and lower in fat than other recipes
- Easy to make
- Perfect for summer
- Absolutely delicious!
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below and let me know your thoughts. Your feedback is helpful. If you’re wanting to start a plant-based diet or just exploring be sure and check out my E-book, The 5 Day Plant-Based Kickstart!Print
The BEST Vegan Macaroni Salad is so easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s loaded with crunchy veggies, a rich and creamy dressing, and is sure to please any crowd. The best cold pasta salad for summer picnics, cookouts, and gatherings.
For The Salad
- 16-ounce box of gluten-free or whole-grain elbow macaroni (roughly 4 cups uncooked)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
For The Dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the macaroni, and cook according to instructions on the package. Transfer macaroni to a colander, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the macaroni into a large mixing bowl with the chopped veggies and toss until everything is mixed well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Cashew Mayo, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk until everything mixed together and it’s smooth and creamy. Pour it into the onion, celery, green pepper, red pepper, and macaroni and toss until well combined.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best. You can enjoy this immediately if you like, but it’s best once it’s had the chance to chill for a bit.
This is perfect as is, but feel free to add any on of these amazing toppings: Vegan Bacon Bits, fresh or dried dill, or smoked paprika.
If you’re into meal prepping this is an excellent recipe.
Keywords: vegan macaroni salad, vegan macaroni sald no mayo, vegan pea pasta salad, easy vegan macaroni salad