The BEST Vegan Mashed Potatoes recipe! Creamy, smooth, rich, tangy, and healthy. Whip these taters up in no time. So easy to make and absolutely delicious. No milk, butter, or other harmful ingredients. This is one of those recipes that will get made year-round and not just on holidays.
- Peel potatoes (or not if you prefer to leave the skins on…totally acceptable), and roughly chop into small chunks.
- Place in large pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil then reduce to medium-high heat and gently boil for 10-20 minutes, or until tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- When potatoes are done cooking, drain water and add to the bowl of your KitchenAid or stand mixer. Lightly mash with potato masher.
- Place whisking attachment onto mixer, add all remaining ingredients to potatoes, and whip for a couple minutes for lumpier potatoes. For smoother, creamier potatoes whip a little longer until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top with Easy Vegan Brown Gravy and crush like a boss.
You can leave the Cashew Sour Cream out to reduce the fat and they still taste great. You can also use my Easy Vegan Tofu Sour Cream as well.
Keywords: thanksgiving, november, fall, mashed potatoes, vegan mashed potatoes, healthy, vegan, plant based