Gravy seems to be one of those things people are afraid to make. It’s also not very healthy. But, this Easy Vegan Brown Gravy is both easy to make and healthy And, it’s fat-free. But, don’t let that fool you. I promise it won’t taste fat-free…or healthy.
Serve this gravy with my Creamy Homemade Vegan Mashed Potatoes for a truly religious experience.
If you make this, and I hope you will, leave a comment. Then, take a picture; post it on Instagram; and, tag the photo #shaneandsimple because I want to see your creation.Print
This Easy Vegan Brown Gravy is the perfect topping for my Creamy Homemade Vegan Mashed Potatoes. It’s low-fat, easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
- Pre-heat medium sized sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Add all dry ingredients to sauce pan and whisk for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in veggie broth and soy sauce until all ingredients are well combined.
- Lower heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat once more to low, let simmer and whisk to thicken.
- Remove gravy once it reaches desired consistency.
For a thicker gravy, mix 1 tbsp. corn starch or arrowroot powder with 2 tbsp. water and whisk into gravy.