This Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup is so delicious and comforting. Topped with sweet cashew cream, more sriracha, and freshly chopped green onions for an unbelievable flavor. Less than 10 ingredients and ready in as little as 20 minutes!
What is it about tomato soup that makes you feel all warm and tingly on the inside? It’s so comforting. Rainy Day? Tomato soup. Did someone break your heart? Tomato soup. Going to prison for tax evasion? Tomato soup.
The point is we all seek comfort from a big bowl of creamy homemade tomato soup. Nothing wrong with comfort. But, sometimes comfort and healthy don’t always go together like…tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Personally, I prefer not to have cholesterol or cow secretions in my food. But, I do love creamy tomato soup. So, when I was working on this soup recipe my goal was to create that same creamy and comforting essence. But, keep it healthy.
So, let’s get to making this Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup!
How To Make Vegan Tomato Soup
This tomato soup recipe is so easy! You only need 8 ingredients and about 20 minutes.
First, add the tofu and maple syrup to your blender. Then, blend until it’s completely smooth. Add the Cento Crushed Tomatoes, garlic powder, Sriracha, smoked paprika, and salt to the blender. And, blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
Pour everything into an “unheated” saucepan. Open the 2nd can of whole Cento Peeled Tomatoes, crush them by hand, and add to the pan with the oregano. Feel free to add some fresh basil as well.
Cook the soup over medium-low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until the soup is completely heated. Watch it carefully and don’t let it burn.
Finally, pour this creamy vegan tomato soup into a bowl, drizzle with the cashew cream, Sriracha, and sprinkle with freshly chopped green onion. That’s it! Delicious Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup.
Fresh Tomatoes vs. Canned Tomatoes
My favorite canned tomatoes to use are Cento Crushed Tomatoes and Cento Whole Peeled Tomatoes. Why? Because they’re delicious and convenient. And, they also have a very low sodium content compared to other brands.
Feel free to tweak this recipe and use fresh tomatoes if you like. But, for most people, convenience is the biggest factor when it comes to eating healthier. So, that’s the main reason I decided to use canned tomatoes over fresh tomatoes.
Remember, comfort and health don’t have to be mutually exclusive. So, the next time you have an extra 20-30 minutes and need something warm and comforting, make this Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup.
It’s easy to make, super creamy, insanely healthy, and super delicious!
This Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup is pretty delicious and one of my favorite recipes! Because it’s…
- Easy to make
- Gluten free
- Ready in minutes
- A little spicy, smoky, and sweet
- & Delicious
This healthy homemade tomato soup is great for a meal on the lighter side or a great addition to an even bigger meal. If you want a little more “kick” sprinkle a little red pepper on top. Very nice.
If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram.Print
Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup infused with a little sriracha kick. Topped with sweet cashew cream, more sriracha and freshly chopped green onions. Ready in as little as 20 minutes!
- 1 12-ounce block soft or firm silken tofu
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 28-ounce can Cento Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can Cento San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1–2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
Sweet Cashew Cream
- Add tofu and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until well combined and completely smooth.
- Add the can of Cento Crushed Tomatoes, garlic powder, Sriracha, smoked paprika, and salt to the blender. Process until ingredients are well.
- Pour contents into an “unheated” sauce pan. Crush the Cento Peeled Tomatoes by hand and add to the pan with the oregano. Cook over medium-low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until the soup is completely heated. Watch it carefully and don’t let it burn.
The Cashew Cream
- Drain cashews and add to blender with water, maple syrup, vanilla, & salt. Blend until completely smooth. If it’s too thick add a little water, but be careful. You don’t want it too thin.
- Pour bisque into a bowl and drizzle with the cashew cream, Sriracha, and sprinkle with freshly chopped green onion.
Nutrition info does not include cashew cream.
- Category: One Bowl
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: soup, winter, simple, quick, soup, comfort
This recipe was shared on the Weekend Potluck!