This Easy Vegan Avocado Toast is the perfect plant-based breakfast. Creamy avocado on crunchy toast topped with vegan parmesan and red onion. Healthy, hearty, and absolutely delicious!
Ain’t nobody got time for some fancy-ass, over-complicated recipe about toast and avocado. IT’S BREAD AND FRUIT! I guess some people just try and overcompensate for the lack of size in their avocado region. Not me. I feel pretty secure.
Truth is, it might actually take you longer to say Easy Vegan Avocado Toast than make it and I’m totally fine with that. But, isn’t that the point? A recipe that’s simple, quick, healthy, and delicious. What a concept!
Time to toast!
I know avocado toast is not some new idea. But, I have to say this combination of red onion and my plant-based parmesan is pretty incredible.
And, I love how quick and easy everything comes together. Proof once more that healthy and delicious are not complicated and do belong together.
How To Make Easy Vegan Avocado Toast
Rather than bore you with some heartfelt story about how this recipe changed my life and brought me back from the brink of despair, let’s just get to it. Shall we?
- Toast the bread: Seriously. That’s it. Just make sure it’s a good sturdy whole-grain bread.
- Choose a ripe avocado: Learn how to pick a ripe and ready-to-eat avocado. How do you do that? Gently squeeze the fruit in the palm of your hand. If it’s ripe and ready-to-eat the avocado will be firm but will yield to gentle pressure. If it’s like a rock it ain’t ready. Too mushy and it’s no Bueno.
- Scoop & Mash: Slice the avocado and scoop it out with a spoon into a bowl. Then, mash it with a fork until you get the consistency you desire.
- Spread, Sprinkle, Layer: Spread the mashed avocado on each slice of toast, sprinkle with vegan parmesan, and layer with the sliced red onion.
And, there you have it: EASY VEGAN AVOCADO TOAST!
If you feel like getting wild and crazy, sprinkle just a little Black Salt on top. It gives it an “eggy” flavor. BUT, go easy! That stuff is potent.
So, there you have it. A healthy, hearty, and super savory breakfast using only 3-ingredients and requiring only 5-minutes out of your day. I think you can handle it.
Easy Vegan Avocado Toast
You’ll LOVE this Easy Vegan Avocado Toast. It’s…
- Simple and quick to make
- Creamy and buttery because of the avocado
- Loaded with flavor and nutrients
- A little cheesy
- Freaking delicious!
If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram.Print
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 217.8 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg