You love pancakes, but the thought of trying to make them healthy, and from scratch, can be intimidating. You’re wanting to stay away from dairy, processed ingredients, oils and other questionable things don’t that belong in pancakes, but it seems impossible. Do these type of pancakes actually exist? Yes, they do and they’re called – drum roll please – Five Ingredient Easy Vegan Pancakes!
Five ingredients and no more than 15 minutes from start to finish. Boom! You’re welcome.
Don’t let the fact there are only five ingredients cause you to look down on these as the lesser of pancakes. They are delicious and follow, what I consider to be, some very important dietary guidelines: extremely low-fat; whole grain; no moo milk or eggs; and no oils. Heavenly!
These pancakes are a favorite in our home and not just for breakfast, we’ll have them for lunch and sometimes dinner. I also have 5 kids, so anytime I can fix something that’s inexpensive, quick, easy, and healthy, it’s a major win. It’s also fun to watch our kids scarf these things down, completely oblivious to the fact they’re eating something plant-based and healthy. Haha! Suckers.
Look, here’s the bottom line: Food that is easy to make, plant-based, and delicious is not expensive or complicated, yet that’s what we’ve been lead to believe. Myth: Busted! The truth is, you’re not going to go broke or break a sweat making these pancakes, everyone will just think you did. So let them think it. You’ll probably get some really cool pity points and they’ll feel as though they owe you something. Once again, you’re welcome.
Seriously, I hope you enjoy these pancakes because they…
Are crazy simple
Take very little time to make
Look like something from a fast food restaurant
Taste sweet & nutty
Make you look freaking brilliant
Are very tasty
Show how much I care about you
That’s it! Go make’em – Five Ingredient Easy Vegan Pancakes!
Peace + feast,
Five Ingredient Easy Vegan Pancakes
Yield 6 pancakes
These pancakes require only five ingredients, super easy to make, and require very little time. Oil free, dairy free and low-fat.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. organic cane sugar (brown sugar works well)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat or slightly below.
- Place all dry ingredients into mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth. The batter should be a little runnier than what you are used to so play around with the consistency just a bit. It's what makes these pancakes cook, brown, and taste so good.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of the pan. Cook until bubbles appear and begin to break, usually about a minute. Flip pancake and cook for another 30-45 seconds.
- Keep going until you run out of batter.
If you want to look like a real O.G. of pancakes, add some delicious toppings like blueberries, bananas, walnut or whatever else you can think of. There's no limit!
Be sure and let your pan completely heat up before you start cooking.
If you are using a nonstick griddle, preheat about 350. They won't look the same as when cooked in a non-stick skillet, at least they don't when I cook them, but they're still delicious.