STOP! Are you really about to eat that nasty ol’ bean salad covered in all that oil and fat? UNnecessary and NOT HEALTHY. Make this oil-free Three Bean Protein Summer Salad and RESPECT YOURSELF. It’s full of flavor, LOW-fat, and delicious.
Summer is here and man, it’s hot! The last thing you want to do is heat up a stove and cook. You need something quick, simple, refreshing and loaded with nutrients. You need Three Bean Protein Summer Salad.
I know things like bean salad are usually considered picnic food. But, this Three Bean Protein Summer Salad needs to be on your short list for summer family dishes. It’s oil-free, loaded with protein, low-fat and delicious. Fresh and clean, baby.
Beans are a modern day superfood and have been around for centuries. They’re also what the gladiators ate. That’s right! Check out this article.
You need beans in your diet. They provide tons of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. And, they’re loaded with protein.
Beans have little to no fat and are cholesterol-free. And, beans actually lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels instead of causing them to increase.
Okay, enough with all the health info. What about flavor?
Celery, red onion, fresh parsley and a tangy-sweet, oil-free dressing bring this thing to life. The taste is pure electric.
So, enjoy your summer without feeling greasy on the inside. Make this Three Bean Protein Summer Salad because it’s…
Super simple to make
Sweet & tangy
Loaded with protein
Clean & fresh
This is great all by itself, but get creative. You can serve it on top of some mixed greens, mix in with some noodles, or even make a wrap. It’s your world so go crazy.
Simple, but delicious, three bean salad, perfect for summer. Made with pinto beans, red kidney beans, and chickpeas that are brought to life by celery, red onion, parsley and a tangy-sweet, oil-free dressing.
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup loosely packed (fresh parsley (about 1/2 a bunch))
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can red kidney beans (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans (low-sodium or no salt added, rinsed and drainedDressing)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and celery – add to a large bowl.
- Deseed the cucumber, first, by cutting in half lengthways. Next, scoop out the soft seeds by running a teaspoon over the seeds. DON’T DIG INTO THE CUCUMBER! You want to leave the “meaty” part of the cucumber. Now, cut in half lengthways again and dice. Toss into the bowl with the onion and celery.
- Finely chop the parsley and toss into bowl. Add all the beans and mix until everything is well combined. (For some, fresh parsley is a bit strong so feel free to leave it out if it ain’t yo’ thang.)
- Mix dressing ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl, pour over salad, and toss well.
- Let chill in the fridge for a couple hours so the beans can absorb all the flavors. But, if you can’t wait, go ahead and eat. But, you really should practice patience.
*Nutrition info based on 6 servings.
*If you can’t find low-sodium or no salt added beans, use regular beans. Just be sure to drain and rinse very well.