This Grilled Marinated Tofu is AWESOME! It’s delicious, easy to make, oil-free, and healthy. Great for sandwiches or a main dish over rice with steamed veggies. The possibilities are endless.
It seems like Tofu is always getting a bad rap. I’m always hearing it’s bland, boring, tasteless, or messy. And, please. Don’t get me started on the whole “man boobs” thing. The vast majority of people who speak ill of tofu have either never tried it or simply failed to educate themselves about it and how to use it. Well, school is in session.
This easy Grilled Marinated Tofu will turn anyone into a lover of this prodigious vegan protein. It’s so quick and easy. All you need are 5 ingredients and no more than 30 minutes.
What Is Tofu
Tofu is made from soybeans, water, and a curdling agent. It’s an excellent source of protein, calcium, and iron. And, it’s great for cooking because it absorbs and adapts the flavors of your spices and marinades. So, it’s very versatile.
How To Make Grilled Marinated Tofu
I think this is hands down one of the easiest and most delicious tofu recipes in the world. The marinade is so simple but full of flavor. A little maple syrup, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic.
Step 2. Slice the tofu into 8 equal pieces.
Step 3. Place the tofu slices in a large freezer bag or airtight container. Then, add the tofu marinade and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.
If you’re on those people who like to meal prep, and I wish I was, this recipe is perfect! Because you can marinate the tofu for 2-3 days. It’s great for a quick and healthy meal in the middle of the week.
Step 4. Preheat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. And, this is important. LET IT GET HOT BEFORE YOU USE IT! That’s very important when it comes to cooking with no oil.
Step 5. Add the marinated tofu to the heated grill pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until it starts to brown and char a bit.
What To Serve With Grilled Marinated Tofu
The easiest way is simply to serve it over a bed of rice and garnish with some chopped green onions. But, it makes a great main dish simply by serving it with a side of steamed veggies.
My Five Minute Peanut Dipping Sauce is perfect for drizzling on top. The lime juice from the marinade and the peanut butter create a delicious Asian dish.
But, my absolute favorite way to enjoy this grilled marinated tofu is on a sandwich with my Cashew Mayo. It makes one of the BEST vegan sandwiches you will ever eat.
How do you make tofu taste good? I just showed you. You’re going to love this Grilled Marinated Tofu. It’s…
- Easy to make
- Savory with a little sweet
If you make this recipe I want to know. So, please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!Print
The BEST Grilled Marinated Tofu recipe. It’s easy to make, oil-free, and delicious. It’s great for making sandwiches, serveing or rice, or a great compliment to a side of steamed veggies.
- 1 block extra firm tofu (NOT Silken)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium or tamari sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or 1 Tbsp already minced garlic
- Drain tofu and press for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Use a tofu press or wrap in a cloth and set something heavy on top like a cast iron skillet.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, and set aside while tofu is being pressed.
- Slice the tofu into eight 3/4″ strips and place in an airtight container or large freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the tofu, seal the container, and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes. But, allowing it to sit overnight is best and will give you maximum flavor.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium heat, add the tofu to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until the tofu has browned and charred a bit.
- Remove from pan and enjoy! It goes great on sandwiches or served with rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, protein, healthy, no oil, grill, easy