If I had to choose one appliance for the rest of my life it would, without a doubt, be my Instant Pot. We’ve had ours for almost 5 years and it is by far the most used appliance in the kitchen. And, now with the current pandemic hitting our country, we love it more than ever! It’s perfect for cooking pantry staple items.
So, if you’re asking me if you need one all I can is … YES, YES, YES! It saves you time, money, and will be one of your biggest assets for WFPB vegan cooking. Especially, pantry staple recipes.
One of my favorite pantry items to cook with my Instant Pot is rice. Because back in the day, I sucked at making rice on the stove. I never could make it fluffy and I always undercooked it or burned it. Not joking. Now, I’m a freaking rice genius and I owe it all to my precious pressure cooker.
This Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice is a staple in our home and something we cook and eat at least 5 days out of the week. It’s cheap, healthy, keeps us full, super versatile, and requires no effort to make. And, it’s as hands-off as you can get!
Are you ready? Let’s make some rice.
How To Cook Brown Rice In Instant Pot
- Add 2 cups of rice and 2 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press Manual and set the timer to 22 minutes. Remember it will take the Instant Pot about 8-10 minutes to come to full pressure.
- Once the time is up you can do a “Quick Release” by pressing “Cancel” and twisting the steam-release handle on the lid. But, I prefer to do the “10-Minute Natural Release”.
- Serve immediately and enjoy Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice.
How Can I Use Brown Rice
One of the best things about brown rice is its versatility and it works in and with many dishes.
- Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Easy Vegan Buddha Bowl topped with my Five Minute Peanut Sauce
- Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing (replace the wild rice with brown rice)
- This Easy Vegan Chickpea Curry served over brown rice
- Serve with steamed veggies and top with my Vegan Sriracha Mayo
How To Store Leftover Brown Rice
You can store leftover brown rice in the freezer for up to 1 month and in the fridge for a week.
Frozen rice is great to have on hand. It makes planning dinner throughout the month a breeze. You can add frozen veggies, serve with your choice of beans, or whip up a delicious stir-fry in no time. And, just like that dinner is ready.
Enjoy this easy pressure cooker brown rice. It’s…
- Perfect every time
- Great for meal prepping
Here are some amazing rice dishes from some of my favorite vegan food bloggers. Keep in mind that some of these recipes may contain oil but can very easily be modified by simply leaving it out.
- Brown Rice Stir-Fry with Veggies by Simple Vegan Blog
- Cajun Red Beans & Rice Veggie Burgers by Vegan 8
- Lentil Brown Rice Soup by Vegan Richa
- Spanish Rice by Dreena Burton
If you make this Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice be sure and let me know. Please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure to share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work!Print
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 ½ cups of water
- Add the rice and water to the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press Manual and set the timer to 22 minutes (it will take the Instant Pot 8-10 minutes to come to full pressure).
- Once time is up you may do a “Quick Release” by pressing “Cancel” and twisting the steam-release handle on the lid. I prefer to do the “10-Minute Natural Release”. Simply let the pressure cooker go into “Keep Warm” mode, let it sit for 10 minutes, then twist the steam release handle. After pressure is completely released carefully remove the lid.
- Serve immediately. Leftover rice can be stored in the freezer for 1 month or in the fridge for a week.
Cook time does not include 10 minutes of Instant Pot coming to pressure.
Keywords: how to cook brown rice, instant pot brown rice, how to cook brown rice in cooker, brown rice recipes easy, perfect instant pot brown rice
Save this recipe & PIN IT HERE!