Lemon Cucumber Water is delicious, refreshing, loaded with health benefits, and so easy to make. You only need 1 cucumber, 2 lemons, and 5 minutes to throw it together. It’s also great for weight loss and detox.
The first time I tried lemon cucumber infused water was at a little cafe in Franklin, Tennessee. It seemed weird and felt all hoity-toity. But, after a few sips, I was hooked! It was clean, refreshing, and much better than soda or plain water.
This is the perfect drink for any hot summer day, picnic, BBQ, or cookout. So, be sure and keep this in the fridge at all times. It’s cheap, easy, healthy, and delicious.
Ready? Let’s drink!
How To Make Lemon Cucumber Water
Lemon Cucumber water is so easy to make. And, it’s perfect for entertaining because it takes no time to prepare and looks all fancy and stuff.
You can drink this right away and it tastes great. But, it’s even better to prepare beforehand if you have time so it can sit in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. It allows the flavors to really infuse.
Here’s how you make Lemon Cucumber Water:
- Thinly slice 1 cucumber and 2 lemons and put them in a large pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with cold water and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Lemon Cucumber Water Benefits
First of all, I am not a nutritionist or a doctor. But, you don’t have to be a genius to know that adding fruits and veggies to your daily routine is a good thing. And, we should all be drinking water.
Here are some of the more basic and practical benefits of drinking lemon cucumber water.
- It’s better than plain, ordinary tap water
- No added sugar, no artificial colorings, flavorings or preservatives
- It keeps you hydrated
- A great substitute for soda
Serve this lemon cucumber water with these great vegan recipes…
How Long Will Cucumber Lemon Water Last
This infused water is best when consume within one day of making it. However, it will last for several days in the fridge. But, the flavor tends to become more bitter the longer it sits.
Here are a few things to remember when making Lemon Cucumber water:
- I prefer to use filtered or bottled water. But, feel free to use regular tap water if you like.
- Use a glass pitcher and serve in glass jars or cups if possible. It will keep the water colder longer once you remove it from the fridge. And, it cuts down on the need for ice cubes which can dilute the flavor.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves or berries for extra added flavor. I prefer strawberries or raspberries. But, this step is completely optional.
- Adjust amounts of cucumber, lemon, and water according to your taste and size of the pitcher. Ultimately, it is about your taste and what you prefer.
If you want to try more infused water recipes be sure and check out this collection from Culinary Hill!
Did you make this recipe? Please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below and let me know your thoughts. Your feedback is helpful. If you’re wanting to start a plant-based diet or just exploring be sure and check out my E-book, The 5 Day Plant-Based Kickstart!Print