Banana bread, plain and simple. Amazing banana bread. I’m not going to waste your time with some long, drawn out sappy blog post about what inspired this recipe. I’ll just let the pictures do all the talking. You may drool when ready!
I got tired of not being able to find a banana bread recipe that was fairly healthy so I decided to take matters into my own hands. A little trial and error and…Voila! Something truly amazing. At least that’s what I think.
My goal was not to try and make a great “vegan” banana bread, but a great banana bread…period! I also wanted it to be good for you and I think I succeeded.
You’re not going to find any dairy, oil, or sugar in this recipe and that’s good because banana bread shouldn’t have CHOLESTEROL in it! Just replace all those bad things with a little flax, applesauce, and maple syrup.
On the flip side, you’re not going to find a recipe that claims it’s healthy simply because someone stuck a zucchini in it.
You don’t need any special ingredients or tools to make this bread. It’ll take you less than 10 minutes to prepare and then you just pop it in the oven. The hardest part is the waiting while it bakes.
You’re going to love this recipe because it’s:
- super easy
Let me wrap this up by saying, “this recipe is damn good and you should make it!”
Yield 1 loaf
A delicious banana bread recipe with no dairy, no eggs, and no oil. Just pure goodness. SO awesome!
- 3 very ripe bananas (the browner, the better)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put bananas into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until fairly smooth
- Add the maple syrup, apple sauce, and vanilla extract to the bananas and mix well.
- Add the flour, ground flax seed, baking soda, and salt. Stir well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and make the batter.
- Lightly spray a 4x8-inch loaf pan with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Pour ingredients into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Depending on your oven, it could take a few minutes longer. Use a tester or butter knife to insert into middle to check if bread is done. You want it to come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for just a minute then remove from pan and let completely cool.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!