Healthy Banana Oat Blender Pancakes are delicious and so easy to make! No flour, no eggs, and no dairy. Wholesome ingredients blended perfectly to make an incredible breakfast.
Bananas and oats are like the duct tape of the food world. There’s so much you can do with them. So, we tend to keep plenty of both on hand. But, sometimes the bananas get a little too brown before they’re all consumed. So, what to do? There’s always my Healthy Vegan Banana Bread. But, today we’re making pancakes!
Pancakes are a staple recipe in our home. We have them at least twice a week for breakfast and sometimes dinner. But, since flour has been a little harder to come by these days we’ve started making pancakes in a blender. And, they are amazing!
This recipe is oil-free, flourless, super simple, uses only whole ingredients, and the kids will love them. Let’s do this!
Ingredients To Make Pancakes In Blender
You don’t need flour to make incredible pancakes. If you have bananas, oats, and a blender you’re all set! Here’s everything you need…
- Rolled Oats: I like using Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. They’re gluten-free and a great product.
- Bananas: A really ripe banana makes this pancake recipe naturally sweet. It also works as a binder to hold things together.
- Ground Flaxseed: The flax replaces the egg and helps to hold things together as well. It’s also a great source of protein and Omega-3s. Be sure not to use whole flax seeds.
- Baking Powder: this helps to give the pancakes a little “lift”.
- Cinnamon: completely optional but I love the essence of cinnamon in this recipe.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: I prefer using unsweetened vanilla almond milk. But, feel free to use your favorite plant-milk.
- Vanilla: It just adds that special touch and works perfectly with the cinnamon. If you use vanilla almond milk you can leave it out.
How To Make Blender Pancakes
Once you make pancakes in a blender it’s likely you won’t go back to the old way. Because there’s no mixing, no sifting, and no extra messy dishes.
- First things first: preheat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat while you prepare the pancakes. I LOVE this pan! It’s amazing for oil-free cooking. Here are some other tools that will help you with oil-free cooking.
- Next, add all the ingredients to your blender and process until everything is well combined and smooth. It should have the consistency of a thick smoothie. You can add a tablespoon of milk at a time to get it going if needed. But, be careful. You don’t want to runny batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes to “fluff up.” Pour about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles pop up across the pancake. Flip and cook for about 45 seconds to a minute. Ultimately, you want that golden brown color. So, adjust accordingly.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter and serve with any topping you choose. I usually get about 6-7 pancakes out of this recipe.
The secret to cooking pancakes well is “low and slow.” Be sure and let your pan heat up completely before using it. And, ALWAYS cook them on medium or a little lower. This will ensure the middle cooks as well and you don’t end up with a burnt outside and runny inside.
- Almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- Fresh fruit (my favorite are blueberries, raspberries, and bananas)
- Real maple syrup
- Oil-free Granola
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Non-dairy chocolate chips
Can You Freeze Them?
Absolutely! You simply place any leftover pancakes in a Ziploc bag or freezer container and place them in the freezer. These pancakes will keep for about 2 months.
You are going to love these easy Banana Oat Blender Pancakes. They’re…
- Low fat
- & Delicious
These pancakes are not light and fluffy like ones made with flour. They are a little denser. But, they are hearty and filling. And, more than meet the expectation when you want pancakes. Think of them like “banana bread turned into a pancake.”
Want More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
- Best Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- Spicy Vegan Breakfast Sausage
- Healthy Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble
You can also check out these 14 Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipes for a little more variety.Print