Homemade Pecan Butter is so easy to make and absolutely delicious. All you need are pecans, a little spice, a food processor, and less than 15 minutes. Save yourself time and money by making your own natural nut butter at home.
Pecans are awesome! They’re soft, buttery, and smell like heaven when you roast them in the oven. Now, imagine taking that and turning it into something truly amazing – HOMEMADE PECAN BUTTER!
Let me show you now!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Really, all you need is 1-INGREDIENT to make delicious homemade pecan butter – PECANS! But, if you’re a hopeless romantic, like me, I like to flavor it depending on the season. So, I’ve listed some optional add-ins for you:)
Trust me, the additions aren’t necessary as pecans are one of the most delicious and aromatic nuts on the planet. But, try adding these simple ingredients for a pecan spread that’s out of this world!
- Maple Syrup: 1 tablespoon is all you need.
- Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice: These spices add a warm, cozy, and comforting flavor.
- Vanilla: the vanilla in this recipe adds an incredible buttery element and depth of flavor.
- Sea Salt: Just a little pinch makes this the perfect “salty-sweet” treat.
How To Make Pecan Butter
You won’t believe how simple and fast this recipe comes together. And, the best part is you can be snacking in less than 10 minutes. You’re welcome.
- Spread the pecans evenly on a cookie sheet and preheat your oven to 350˚F degrees. Roast the pecans for 10 minutes, but don’t let them burn. They will have a wonderful aromatic scent that will fill the house. Then, remove the roasted pecans from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Add the pecans to your food processor and start blending. It’s normal to stop and scrape down the sides. Continue blending until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a large jar, add your desired flavoring, and slowly stir to incorporate.
How Does Pecan Butter Taste?
Pecan nut butter is so delicious and has an almost “buttery” flavor. And, once you add elements like maple syrup, vanilla, and a little salt it’s almost indescribable. It’s not like any other nut butter you’ve eaten. You’ll just have to taste and see, my friend. Taste and see. The bottom line? I think it tastes like Fall smells…if that makes sense.
Pecan Butter Uses
You can use pecan nut butter just as you would any other nut butter. It’s great in sandwiches, cookies, pies, or wherever you would regularly use peanut or almond butter. But, my favorite way to enjoy this pecan spread is on my Vegan Zucchini Bread or Vegan Banana Bread.
How To Store Pecan Butter?
Store your homemade pecan butter upside down in a mason jar at room temperature or the fridge. Keeping it upside down will help prevent the natural oils from settling on top and require less stirring when you’re ready to enjoy it.
How Long Will It Last?
Homemade pecan butter will stay good for at least a couple of weeks at room temp. And, about 5-6 weeks in the fridge.
- Raw vs. Roasted Pecans: Raw pecans and nuts will naturally release their oil once roasted! Pecans roasted in oil and salt usually yield a less than desirable pecan butter. And, you also want to avoid any unnecessary added oils and salt. You have the power to control what goes into your food.
- Let Your Nuts Cool: Processing the pecans before they’ve had a chance to cool will sometimes cause the nut butter to remain thick and clumpy. So, be patient.
- Food Processor or Blender: Hands down my food processor! Pecan butter, IMHO, is the easiest and fastest nut butter you could make. It doesn’t take much and I hate scraping and cleaning out the bottom of my Vitamix.
- Sweetener: Once you have transferred the pecan butter to a jar, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and slowly stir to incorporate. Sometimes adding during the blending process will cause the nut butter to thicken up because of the heat.
- Patience: The time it takes to create pecan butter will ultimately depend on your appliance. But, with my food processor, it was about 5-6 minutes. It may take you a little longer. But, just be patient and as the pecan’s oils are released you will eventually see a smooth and creamy pecan spread.
You are going to love this pecan butter. It’s…
- Easy & quick
- Super affordable
- All natural
- & SO DELICIOUS!
Try eating this on toast with sliced banana for a quick, healthy, and delicious breakfast!Print
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 325˚F.
- Spread the pecans evenly on your baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. The aroma should be fairly strong. But, be careful not to burn them. Less done is better than well-done.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and let them cool to room temperature. Then, add them to a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides then continue processing until the pecan butter is smooth and creamy. (If not using spices, syrup, and vanilla skip to step 5)
- If using the additional flavors add the spice and vanilla and blend to incorporate. Then, transfer to a mason jar and slowly stir in the maple syrup.
- Transfer pecan butter into a glass jar and store it at room temp. or in the fridge.
If using the “Optional Add-Ins” make sure to add the maple syrup after you have transferred to a mason jar.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 2.7 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pecan nut butter, raw pecan butter, pecan butter recipe, pecan spread