This vegan Apple Crumble is easy and made with plain and simple ingredients. Baked cinnamon-spiced apples covered in a crunchy oatmeal topping that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Wouldn’t it be nice if someone created a recipe you could have for dessert or breakfast? Oh, wait! That’s what I just did.
This Vegan Apple Crumble beats the hell out of some crappy little granola bar pretending to be breakfast. And, it’s much easier to make than an apple pie. Let’s DO IT!
How To Make Vegan Apple Crumble
- Chop the apples into small pieces. Then toss them into a mixing bowl with some maple syrup, lemon juice, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Mix well until the apple pieces are completely coated.
- Spread the cinnamon apple mixture into a 9×9 or 7×11 baking pan. But, you can use any baking pan you have available. There’s not really a science to using a baking dish. These are just the size pans I prefer for this dish because of the quantity.
Vegan Apple Crumble Topping
Once you’ve emptied the apple mixture use the same bowl to mix the topping ingredients. It gets a little extra flavor from the cinnamon and apple juice that’s left behind. Let nothing go to waste.
Oats are the primary base for the crumble topping. I also added some steel-cut oats for a little added extra crunch. Next comes the flaxseed meal, maple syrup, applesauce, and a little vanilla hold it all together and create a delicious crunchy crust for this amazing dish.
Toss all the crumble ingredients into the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
Spread the oatmeal mixture over the apples and place into a 350-degree oven and bake for about 45 minutes. But, I would check on the Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Crumble after about 30 minutes. Because if you were to let it burn, starting over would just be too traumatic.
Remember, every appliance is different and I don’t want the blame if your food burns. You want the top to cook until it starts to brown. Personally, I like to let mine get a little dark before I remove it from the oven.
But, I’d play it safe the first couple of times you bake it. Because if you were to let it burn, starting over would just be too traumatic.
One of the best things about this Vegan Apple Crumble is the aroma. Your house will smell like Christmas on steroids while it bakes. So, bake up a batch of this wonderful dish and fill your house with the smell of REAL cinnamon apples and maple.
CAUTION: Once you smell this thing baking you’ll start to drool instantly. The aroma is hypnotic.
Now, it’s magic time! Once you’re done enjoying the nose tickles grab a fork and plate. Because it’s time to give your tastebuds a turn. Remove it from the oven and enjoy immediately!
But, you can let it cool if you prefer. Either way, it will not disappoint. I like to do it this way: Breakfast – serve hot and right out of the oven. Dessert – great to bake ahead of time and reheats in no time.
You WILL LOVE this Vegan Apple Crumble. It’s…
- Easy to make
- Perfect for breakfast or dessert
- Warm & comforting
- Perfect for fall & holidays
- & Just plain delicious
Make It Ahead Of Time
This dish makes a great dessert that takes no time to put together. And, it’s ready by the time your guests arrive. It’s also perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast.
How To Store
Simply bake the day before, let it cool, and store in the fridge until the next morning. If you want to reheat, place in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Easy as pie (see what I did there).
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! You can store this vegan apple crumble for up to 3 months, baked or unbaked, in your freezer. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge. If it hasn’t been baked simply follow the cooking instructions in the recipe card below. And, if it has been baked place it in a warm oven until it’s just hot enough to eat
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
If you’re into hot and healthy plant-based breakfast foods, be sure and check out my Blueberry Banana Quinoa Bowl, Peanut Butter Pancakes, & Amazing Belgian Waffles. My Christmas Morning Cashew Coffee is pretty amazing as well.Print
Vegan Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Crumble recipe made with plain and simple ingredients. Baked cinnamon spiced apples covered in a crunchy oatmeal topping that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert. Simple to make, healthy and absolutely delicious!
For The Apples
- 3 medium apples or 2 large, cored and diced into small pieces (I prefer Honeycrisp)
- Juice from 1 lemon.
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
For The Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix apples, lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon in large bowl until well combined.
- Pour apple mixture into a 9×9 or 7×11 baking dish and spread evenly. Really, any smaller baking dish will work.
- Using the same mixing bowl add crumble ingredients and mix well. Spread oatmeal crumble evenly over cinnamon apples. Bake for 45 minutes or until crumble begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool before serving, and enjoy as a delicious dessert or snack.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: breakfast, vegan, plant-based