This Easy Vegan Gravy is so easy to make and ready in 5 minutes. Made with just 4 ingredients, it’s savory, full of flavor, and perfect over mashed potatoes.
Few things make me as happy as a huge bowl of mashed potatoes smothered in delicious brown gravy. Or, as we like call it in my house, “awesome sauce.” And, when Fall rolls around carb comas are the norm, not the exception. How about you? Go ahead, you can admit it. This is a safe place.
Well, this Easy Vegan Gravy is just what the doctor ordered. Your mashed potatoes deserve to be covered in this warm blanket of savory goodness.
Best of all, this vegan gravy recipe is not complicated like so many others. You only need 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to throw it together. Which means this gravy is basically ready when you’re ready. And, if you thought it couldn’t get any better, it’s also oil-free, fat-free, and guilt-free. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get in the kitchen and make some gravy! (after you read this blog post, of course)
Ingredients You’ll Need
You need some very basic pantry staple to make this delicious vegan gravy.
- Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth: you can use water or even unsweetened almond milk, but I prefer the flavor and savoriness of veggie broth.
- Flour: I prefer organic unbleached flour because the flavor is very neutral. But, you can use whole-wheat or gluten-free flour as well.
- Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix: this is my DIY dry onion soup mix recipe. It’s what originally inspired this recipe. If you’ve never had Lipton Onion Soup Mix gravy you are missing out. Make this ahead soup mix ahead of time and always have some ready to go.
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce: for a depth of flavor and reducing the need for salt. However, you can add salt to taste if you prefer.
How To Make Vegan Gravy
This easy vegan gravy is made with a savory blend of herbs using my Lipton Onion Soup Mix Copycat recipe. It’s super easy and quick. Your Thanksgiving dinner will be even more awesome with this delicious recipe.
- Add all the ingredients to a small or medium-sized saucepan, whisk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and whisk until the gravy becomes thick.
Table of Contents
Recipe Q & A
Can I Make Vegan Gravy Gluten-Free?
Can You Freeze Easy Vegan Gravy?
Yes! Store the gravy in an airtight container in the freezer up to 4 months. Let the frozen gravy thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat it in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Be sure and whisk frequently to prevent lumps. If the gravy is too thick simply add a little water or veggie broth while you are reheating.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
Simply place any leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How To Serve Easy Vegan Gravy
This easy vegan gravy is must-have for your Thanksgiving and Christmas table. And, any other holiday table for that matter.
Try it on top of these other vegan recipes:
- The Best Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Holiday Roasted Vegetables
- The Best Vegan Meatloaf
- Crunchy Baked Onion Rings
If you make this recipe I want to know. So, please leave a comment below with a star rating. And, be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!Print
This gravy stores well in the fridge for up to a week. Add a little water if it’s too thick. Just heat, stir, and serve.
Vegan Gravy can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Prepare the DIY dry onion soup mix ahead of time so you always have it on hand.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Cook Time: 5 mins.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 156.6 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan gravy, vegetarian gravy, easy vegan gravy, gravy for vegetarians