This Instant Pot Vegan Chili is the BEST vegan chili recipe you will eat or need this year! It’s so EASY to make, uses only a few simple ingredients, and is ready in no time at all. Guaranteed to satisfy vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters.
Chili is an absolute must for me this time of year when the temperature falls. It’s comforting, warming, satisfying and perfect for watching football. I REALLY love chili! I’ve loved it for a long time.
And, when I’m ready for a bowl of this ultimate vegan chili I want it now! Not last night. Not next week. NOW! And, no vegan chili slow cooker style. Ain’t nobody got time for that. God gave us Instant Pots for a reason.
So, let’s stop wasting time and get to making the best vegan chili recipe EVER! (at least I think it is)
Let me just say, before we get started, one of the things I love most about this Instant Pot Vegan Chili is its no “meat” texture. No tofu. No soy curls. And, no added oils or any other processed ingredients. It doesn’t need any of those things. This vegetarian chili recipe stands tall and doesn’t need any extra help. Now, let’s make it.
How To Make Instant Pot Vegan Chili
This meatless chili recipe is a freaking masterpiece…if I do say so myself. And, it’s also super simple. So, if you’ve been looking for a recipe for vegetarian chili that will satisfy a lot of people you can finally rest easy. You found it.
Start by hitting the sautee function on your Instant Pot pressure cooker. When it’s ready add your onions, garlic, chipotle pepper, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and oregano.
Stir it all together and make sure the onions and garlic are covered. Let it all toast together for just a couple of minutes. This is how chili gets its flavor. If you’re worrie about the food sticking ou can add a couple of tablespoons of water or vegetable broth.
Now, add your red kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, and maple syrup. Give everything a good stir to make sure it’s well combined. Lock the lid of your Instant Pot and set the timer to 5 minutes. Yes, 5 minutes.
When time is up, do a “quick release” by turning the release valve to “venting” and removing the lid. That’s it! Instant Pot Vegan Chili.
Can You Freeze Vegan Chili
Yes, absolutely! You can store this Vegan Instant Pot Chili in your freezer for up to a month.
How Long Will Instant Pot Vegan Chili Last In The Fridge
This easy vegan chili can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. Personally, I like to let it sit in the refrigerator overnight after making it. The flavors seem to meld together very nicely.
What To Serve With Vegan Chili
- Easy Vegan Tofu Sour Cream
- Vegan Cashew Sour Cream
- Easy Vegan Cornbread
- Healthy Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Diced Avocados
This is easily one of, if not the best, recipes for vegan chili recipes I’ve made. I, for one, believe with all my heart you’re going to LOVE this Instant Pot Vegan Chili. And, it will make you happy too. It’s…
- Full of protein and fiber
- Easy to make
- Great for sharing
- & Absolutely Delicious!
“When” you make this Instant Pot Vegan Chili let me know. Please leave a comment below with a star rating. Be sure and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work.Print
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely chopped (with seeds)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 ½ cups of vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Hit the “Saute” button on your Instant Pot. When it’s ready add the onions, garlice, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, and chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Add 2 Tbsp. of water or veggie broth to the pot to prevent sticking if necessary. Give everything a stir let toast for 2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot, stir and make sure everything is well combined, lock the lid, and seal the vent.
- Set to cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, do a “quick release” by turning the release valve to “venting” and remove the lid.
- Sereve in individual bowls with desired toppings.
- Store in the fridge up to 3 days or in the freezer for a month.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins. (including IP warm-up time)
- Category: One bowl
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 354.5 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5 g
- Fiber: 19.1 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chili, instant pot, vegetarian chili recipe, easy vegan chili, one bowl, healthy