Pumpkin Pie Hummus is so easy to make and has all the cozy flavors of autumn you’ve been craving. It’s made with real pumpkin, warming Fall spices, real vanilla, and guaranteed to be your favorite Fall dessert.
Hummus, pumpkin pie, and autumn are three of my favorite things. So, I see no reason why they should not be combined. “How?” you might ask. In the form of the best dessert hummus in the world. It’s like eating a bowl of pumpkin pie without the crust.
Hey, we all know Fall exists for one reason: DESSERT! And, it’s time to stop settling for overpriced lattes and sub-par seasonal sweets every year. So, whip up a batch of this Pumpkin Pie Hummus and enjoy something heartier and healthier than a crappy cup of coffee.
Ready? Let’s do this!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This pumpkin hummus is so easy to make and you only need 6 simple pantry staple ingredients. Are you ready to “FALL” in love with flavor? Here’s what you need to make Pumpkin Pie Dessert Hummus!
- Chickpeas: The base for this amazing recipe.
- Canned Pumpkin: Much easier and more available than making your own pumpkin puree. FYI, do NOT use pumpkin pie filling.
- Tahini: I LOVE the earthiness this adds. But, if you want it a little milder you can replace the tahini with your favorite nut butter.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I used my homemade recipe.
- Maple Syrup: For the sweetness.
- Vanilla: Adds a depth of flavor that’s always prevalent in pumpkin pie and other sweet treats.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- Throw all the ingredients into your food processor and blend until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with a little more pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!
- The amount of time it takes to get it smooth will depend on your food processor or blender.
What Do You Eat Pumpkin Pie Hummus With?
You can indulge in this unrivaled treat with these dippers for a delicious and comforting Fall snack. Try it with…
- Sliced Apples or any other fruit
- Baked Pita sprinkled with a little cinnamon (my fave)
- By the spoonful (my other fave)
Dessert Hummus FAQ
- Can I Prepare In Advance? Yes, this dip is great for making several hours in advance, covering, and storing in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy. It’s a great party tray addition.
- How To Store Leftovers? Leftovers can be kept in a covered container for up to a week in the fridge.
- Can I Taste The Chickpeas? No! They’re the perfect base and you CAN NOT TASTE THEM!
You will love this Pumpkin Pie Hummus. It’s gluten-free, oil-free, sweet, made with Fall spices, easy to make, vegan, vegetarian, and absolutely delicious!
More Vegan Pumpkin Spice Recipes
If you make this recipe let me know. Be sure and leave a comment below with a star rating. And, share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #shaneandsimple. I want to see your work. Enjoy!Print
Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- Prep Time: 7 mins.
- Total Time: 7 mins.
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Dips & Spreads
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 (15 oz.) can no salt added or low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup SoCo tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth while stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Once the pumpkin pie hummus is ready, feel free to taste and adjusts the flavor as you desire.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with a little more pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy.
This dip is great for making several hours in advance, covering, and storing in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy.
Leftovers can be kept in a covered container for a week in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 4.1 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie hummus, hummus dessert, easy pumpkin hummus, pumpkin spice hummus, pumpkin pie dessert hummus
Easy to make and tastes FANTASTIC with apple slices. Thanks for the recipe.
Another FABULOUSLY yummy recipe!! Can it be frozen?
Sounds yummy! Can’t wait to try!…b
This is like pumpkin pie without the crust:)
I’ve been batch cooking like crazy for the upcoming week this weekend. This just got added to my to-do list for tomorrow! Will have it with apples. 🙂 Thanks!
quick question, so the reason to use canned pumpkin, spices, and maple syrup, instead of just pumpkin pie filling, is to avoid the sugar/sweetener this is already in the can of pumpkin pie filling or make it more natural/vegan?
Hi, Christine! In short, yes, to both your questions. But, also the measurements in the can are for a specific amount when making pie. And, won’t necessarily equal the amounts for this recipe.