This Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe is creamy, delicious, and so easy to make. Made with just 8 simple ingredients, it’s perfect for the holidays and sure to be a family favorite. This decadent pie is custardy, rich, and loaded with pumpkin spice flavor.
You can’t celebrate the holidays without pumpkin pie. And, this delicious dairy-free dessert is money. A perfectly sweetened rich and creamy pumpkin-spiced custard filling resting in my Easy Vegan Pie Crust. And, to finish it off, a spoonful of homemade coconut Vegan Whipped Cream.
This recipe is a must at every table and so simple to throw together. You basically blend, pour, and bake. So, whether you consider yourself a baker or not, I guarantee you can handle this. And, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
The ingredient list for this vegan pumpkin pie is easy and minimal. FYI, full-fat coconut milk is the secret weapon in this recipe. It makes the filling rich and creamy. And, once blended with everything else you’ll never taste it. Trust the process.
- Pie Crust: I used my Easy Vegan Pie Crust and it can be made gluten-free if you wish.
- Wet Ingredients: canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling), coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla
- Dry Ingredients: dark brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cornstarch, salt
🔪 Instructions For Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Full instructions and measurements are found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Time needed: 1 hour.
The only Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe you will ever need. 8 simple ingredients are all you need to make this rich and creamy pie. It’s the perfect dessert for the holidays.
- Prepare The Pie Crust
I suggest making the night before and storing it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling
Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour at 350˚F. The pie will look all loose and wiggly and wobbly in the center with cracks on top, but that’s totally normal. It will firm up as it cools.
Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool until it’s room temperature. Then, cover the pie and let it chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours. But, I prefer overnight.
That’s it! The best vegan pumpkin pie recipe…EVER!
💭 Top Tips
- Pumpkin: Be sure and use fresh or canned pumpkin. Do not use pumpkin pie filling. FYI, canned is the easiest.
- Easy Vegan Pie Crust: My easy vegan pie crust is the healthiest and best option for this recipe. I would not recommend using store-bought crusts as they are usually filled with processed ingredients and oil.
- Sweeteners: Brown sugar and maple syrup are used in this recipe. You can eliminate the brown sugar for a less sweet pie or you could use only maple syrup if you wish.
- Cornstarch: This is a very important ingredient because it helps the pie to set up after it has cooled. You can also use arrowroot or tapioca starch as well.
- Coconut Milk: You MUST use canned full fat, unsweetened coconut milk in order to get the custard consistency. Do not use something like almond or soy milk. Your pie will not set up properly and will be more like a thin pudding.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I used my homemade pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have all the ingredients you can simply use cinnamon.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie FAQ
Absolutely! Simply replace the wheat flour in the pie crust. You can use gluten-free oat flour or your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour is excellent.
Yes! It’s perfect for just such a thing. You make this pie the day before and store it in the fridge. When you’re ready to enjoy, simply slice and serve.
Cover the pie and store it in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze for up to 3 months. Let the pie completely cool and set up in the fridge as normal, cover with a few layers of plastic wrap, then wrap with aluminum foil. When you’re ready to enjoy simply let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
Be sure and subscribe to Shane & Simple and leave a comment with a star rating. It’s a tremendous help!Print