Pasta for dinner sounding a little boring and bland? Well, this Spicy Thai Peanut Spaghetti is certain to change your mind. Let’s go!
Thai food and spaghetti are not often associated with one another. Let me rephrase, they are never associated with one another. But, sometimes cooking is about using what you have in the pantry.
So, when the craving for Pad Thai hit and I wanted something quick and easy that didn’t involve a trip to the grocery store for twenty ingredients, or calling takeout, I improvised. And, let me tell you, it’s amazing what you can do with a few simple ingredients.
The base for this creamy sauce is peanut butter – add a little soy sauce, lime, and maple syrup, and you’ve got yourself a very bright and electric dish.
The result? A very simple, delicious, and healthy noodle bowl that will take you less than ten minutes to prepare using some very simple ingredients. It’ll make you look very culinary and creative – like you know what you’re doing.
It’s probably an insult to refer to this as a “Thai” dish, but I think it comes pretty close. And, I could care less what anyone else thinks.
Reasons I think you’ll really like this recipe…
- requires very little time and effort
You don’t have to be an amazing cook or have fancy ingredients to create something tasty and extremely satisfying. Keep this recipe in your back pocket when you need something delicious, quick, out of the ordinary, and impressive.
A Thai noodle bowl that’s healthy, delicious, and takes only 10 minutes from start to finish. It’s super satisfying and much easier than going out.
- 1 box whole grain spaghetti
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or 1 clove of garlicToppings: crushed red pepper (chopped green onion, bean sprouts, cilantro)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions (usually 7 or 8 minutes).
- While pasta cooks add peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, and garlic to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine cooked noodles and peanut sauce in large bowl and toss until completely covered.
- Place desired amount into a bowl and top with crushed red pepper, chopped green onion, bean sprouts, and cilantro.
If you don’t like spicy food simply leave off the crushed red pepper.