Delicious nut-free Vegan Cheese Sauce made with potatoes, carrots, and onion. It’s smooth, creamy, low-fat, and healthy! Pour over veggies or use to make some incredible guilt-free nachos.
People tell me all the time they could never go vegan or plant-based because of their “cheese addiction.” And, I totally get it. I can still remember scarfing down blocks of hardened cow secretion like there was no tomorrow. But, I’m also living proof it is possible to walk away and never look back.
If you have the right tools, and recipe, it’s much easier. And, I just happen to have that recipe. So, put down that waxy wedge and say good-bye to high cholesterol. Let’s make this healthy Vegan Cheese Sauce!
This delicious vegan cheese recipe requires very little effort and almost no expertise at anything. You essentially just need to know how to boil and blend. Pretty cool, huh?
All you need to make this awesome sauce is some potatoes, carrots, and onions. And, 5 simple ingredients that are probably just sitting in your pantry.
How To Make Vegan Cheese Sauce
Boil your potatoes, carrots, and onion in a pot for about 15-20 minutes. You want them super soft.
Get your other ingredients ready while the veggies boil:
Once the potatoes, carrots, and onion finish cooking just toss them in the blender with all the ingredients. Now, just blend everything until it looks like cheese sauce. That’s it!
Nut-Free, Oil-Free, Low-Fat
Most vegan cheese recipes are made with cashews, including one of mine. And, even though nuts are a “whole” food they’re little fat bombs and high in calories.
But, this vegan cheese sauce is different. It’s virtually fat-free and low in calories. So, in addition to being nut-free and oil-free, it’s also guilt-free!
This Vegan Cheese Sauce is also super versatile.
- Add some salsa to make a delicious low-fat nacho cheese dip. Perfect for my Healthy Homemade Tortilla Chips!
- Pour it on top of my Vegan Carrot Dogs and add some jalapenos. AMAZING!
- It goes great with freshly sliced vegetables such as cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots.
- Drizzle over my 5-Minute Fat-Free Potato Chips to make cheesy potato chips. HEALTHY BAR FOOD!
And, yes. It does make a good vegan mac and cheese. I didn’t include that in the list because I thought it was pretty obvious.
You will love this Vegan Cheese Sauce. It’s…
- Extremely Low-Fat
- The perfect party food
If you make this recipe, be sure and let me know! Leave a comment, RATE IT, and tag a photo #shaneandsimple on Instagram. I’d love to see what you’re doing!Print
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup peeled carrots, diced
- 1/4 of small-sized onion roughly chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric (optional but I love the extra rich color)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- Boil the potatoes, carrots, and onion until soft – usually 15-20 minutes. Once they’re finished drain them and add to your blender.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in your blender and blend until the cheese dip is smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick you can add a little more water while you’re blending. You shouldn’t have to heat up on the stove as the veggies will still be hot.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in airtight container up to a week.
Stir in one can of diced tomatoes and green chiles for a tex-mex kick.
- Category: Dips & Spreads
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: cheese dip, vegan, fat-free, healthy, vegan cheese dip, nacho cheese