The best Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe you will ever make is right here. This delicious pie is rich, creamy, and loaded with pumpkin spice flavor. It’s a must for the Fall and Winter holidays. No one will ever know it’s vegan.
For The Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic unbleached flour (may use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. of cornstarch or arrowroot powder
Preheat The Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F while you assemble everything so it’ll be ready to go.
To Make The Crust
- Add the almond flour, pastry flour, tapioca flour, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour in the maple syrup and 1/4 cup of water. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon and stir until everything is combined. Slowly add the next 2 Tbsp of water and mix until you reach the right consistency. You want the dough to be damp, but not super sticky. Continue to use the spatuala or spoon but you will eventually need to use your hands to finish the dough and shape it into a ball.
- Lay out one piece of parchment paper about 12-13 inches long, place the dough ball in the center and use your hand to shape it into a disc. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll it out until it’s wide enough to cover your pie dish. Peel off the top piece of parchment paper and place the pie dish face down on top of the dough. Gently flip the pie dish back over and carefully remove the parchment paper.
- Press the dough evenly into the pie dish with your fingers and trim the edges to the top edge of the pie dish.
- Use a fork and poke vent holes in the bottom of the crust. DON’T FORGET TO DO THIS!
To Make The Pie
- Place all the pie filling ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until everything is completely smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie dish lined with the pie crust.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes. The pie will look all loose and wiggly and wobbly in the center with cracks on top, but that’s totally normal. It will firm up as it colls.
- Remove pie from oven and allow it to cool until it’s room temperature. Cover the pie and chill in the fridge 4-6 hours. But, overnight is best.
- Remove from the fridge and serve!
If you’re dough is too wet add 1 Tbsp of almond flour until you get the right consistency. If it’s too dry, slowly add 1 Tbsp of water.
Remember, while this is considered a “whole food, plant-based” dessert, it should be enjoyed sparingly…like on Thanksgiving. Just don’t make everyday Thanksgiving. Enjoy.
Pie crust adapted from My Quiet Kitchen.
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie, low-fat, plant-based, holiday, Fall, Thanksgiving