The people in my life who know me best would tell you I can be pretty stubborn. I view rules as merely suggestions. Where am I going with all this? I just made Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus. Suck it Sabra!
Yes, Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus!
I love hummus. I use it as a condiment on sandwiches; eat it with veggies and pita; and even make salad dressing with it sometimes. But, one thing I’ve never done is eat hummus as a dessert. Well, there’s a first time for everything.
I decided to take two of my guilty pleasures, chocolate and peanut butter, and see if I could make this hair-brained idea chocolate peanut butter hummus work…and, I think I succeeded! And, the best part? It’s stupid simple! A little peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, a little vanilla and you’ve got something incredibly delicious.
The whole thing comes together in five minutes. You can thank me later.
I know it’s such an unlikely combination, but once you try this, I’m pretty sure it will become something you’ll want around quite often. It’s decadent, delicious, easy to make and healthy.
Serve this with sliced apples, banana, or pretzels for a match made in heaven.
This chocolate peanut butter hummus is the perfect healthy snack. Serve with sliced apples, bananas, or even pretzels for a decadent and delicious treat.
- 1 15- ounce can low sodium or no salt added chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbsp. water
- Pinch of salt
- Non-dairy chocolate chips for topping
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides and proceed to blend again, adding a tablespoon of water at a time until you get the consistency you desire.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with non-dairy chocolate chips.
*You can store in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.