The people in my life who know me best would tell you I can be pretty stubborn. I view rules as mere suggestions. Where am I going with all this? I just made Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus!
I know what you’re thinking. “Is dessert hummus any good?” No. It’s freaking great! You will never look at hummus the same way ever again. Guaranteed!
Are you ready? Let’s make it!
Hummus is one of my favorite foods. I use it as a condiment on sandwiches, eat it with veggies and pita, and even make salad dressings with it sometimes. But, one thing I had never done is thought of hummus as dessert.
After hearing of the idea I decided to take two of my guilty pleasures, chocolate, and peanut butter, and see what might happen. O…M…G! And, the best part? It’s stupid simple! A little peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, a little vanilla and you’ve got something incredibly delicious.
As crazy as it might sound.
Ingredients You’ll Need
You are going to be amazed at the taste of this recipe. You’ll find it hard to believe that chickpeas are in this wonderful spread. It’s like a peanut butter cup was turned into hummus. For realzzzzz.
Here is everything you’ll need:
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium or no salt added chickpeas
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbsp. water
- Pinch of salt
- Non-dairy chocolate chips for topping (optional)
Pro Tip: Use a food processor. It works best. You can use a high speed blender but you will possibly have to add more water. And, it might create a less thicker texture.
How To Make Dessert Hummus
Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus only takes a few quick and simple steps.
- Drain & Rinse: Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add the to the food processor.
- Blend: Add all the remaining ingredients and blend creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Enjoy Immediately or Chill: Eat right away or store in an airtight container until you’re ready to enjoy.
What To Pair With Dessert Hummus
Server this wonderful sweet treat on a dessert tray along side of…
- Sliced apples
- Orange slices
- Pretzel sticks
- Wasa Crisp Bread (the salty and sweet combo are pure heaven)
I know it’s such an unlikely combination, but once you try this, I’m sure it will become something you’ll want around quite often. You’re going to love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus. It’s…
- Peanut Buttery
- Gluten Free
- Easy to make
- Absolutely delicious
More Dip & Hummus Recipes (No Oil)
- Creamy Smooth Homemade Hummus
- Vegan Bacon Flavored Hummus
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
Do yourself a favor and try this recipe! Once you do, leave a comment then take a picture and post it on Instagram. Be sure and tag the photo #shaneandsimple so I can see your creation. Peace and feast!Print
This chocolate peanut butter dessert hummus is the perfect healthy snack. Serve with sliced apples, bananas, or even pretzels for a decadent and delicious treat.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides and proceed to blend again, adding a tablespoon of water at a time until you get the consistency you desire.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with non-dairy chocolate chips.
*You can store in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
Save this recipe & PIN IT here!