This chocolate peanut butter hummus is the perfect healthy snack. Serve with sliced apples, bananas, or even pretzels for a decadent and delicious treat.
- 1 15- ounce can low sodium or no salt added chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbsp. water
- Pinch of salt
- Non-dairy chocolate chips for topping
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides and proceed to blend again, adding a tablespoon of water at a time until you get the consistency you desire.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with non-dairy chocolate chips.
*You can store in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
- Category: Dessert, Snack