A traditional, savory, and easy Cornbread Dressing recipe that is oil free and completely vegan! This delicious plant based side dish is perfect for Thanksgiving or any occasion!
It won’t be a happy Thanksgiving unless this delicious dish is on the table. So, you can bet your sweet potato we’ll be making our vegan version of traditional southern cornbread dressing. It’s one of our favorite November recipes. And, yes, it’s every bit as good as its non-vegan counterpart.
Cornbread dressing or cornbread stuffing? Good question. Truth is, I’m not quite sure. But, since you won’t be “stuffing” your hand up a dead bird’s butt this Thanksgiving, which is just cruel and freaking gross, let’s go with vegan cornbread dressing.
Alright, it’s time to cook!
How Do You Make Vegan Cornbread Dressing
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, combine the cornbread and low-sodium vegetable broth in a large bowl, mix well, and set aside.
Next, add the onion and celery to the cornbread mixture along with the seasonings and mix well. Let the entire mixture sit for about 10 minutes. Mix the flax into the cornbread mixture and transfer to a nonstick baking dish or casserole dish. If you don’t have a nonstick baking dish you can simply line one with parchment paper.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven, let sit for just a few minutes, and serve.
That’s it. Vegan Cornbread Stuffing or Vegan Cornbread Dressing. Whichever you prefer.
What Can I Serve With Easy Cornbread Dressing
- Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole With Onion Rings
- Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Brown Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
You will love this Easy Cornbread Dressing recipe. It’s…
- Oil Free
- Dairy Free
- Easy to make
- Perfect for Thanksgiving
- & Delicious!
A traditional, savory, and easy Cornbread Dressing recipe that is oil free and completely vegan! This delicious plant based side dish is perfect for Thanksgiving or any occassion!
- 1 batch of my Easy Vegan Cornbread
- 1 batch of cornbread (cubed & dried at room temp. for 24 hours)
- 3 cups low-sodium veggie broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon. dried sage
- 1 teaspoon. dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon. poultry seasoning (optional)
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- ½ teaspoon. black pepper
- 2 Tbps ground flax
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, crumble the cornbread and combine with low-sodium vegetable broth in a large bowl and mix until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the onion and celery, and cook until the onions are soft. Usually, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the cornbread mixture along with all the seasonings and mix well. Let the entire mixture sit for about 10 minutes. Add the flax into the cornbread dressing mixture, stir to combine, and transfer to a nonstick baking dish or casserole dish. If you don’t have a nonstick baking dish you can simply line one with parchment paper.
- Bake unconvered at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven, let sit for just a few minutes, and serve.
Add a little more broth if the mixture seems a little dry.
If you want this dressing to be even more savory leave the sweetener out of the original cornbread recipe.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 353.1 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: november, thanksgiving, cornbread dressing, cornbread stuffing, vegan cornbread stuffing, vegan cornbread dressing, vegan, plant-based