This Creamy Vegan Mushroom Soup is savory, rich, easy to make, and delicious. Enjoy as soup or any recipe that calls for Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss onion and garlic into skillet and cook until the onions are soft. (a couple minutes)
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Mushrooms will start to brown and release their juices.
- Next, sprinkle flour over all the mushrooms. Mix and stir until mushrooms are completely covered.
- Start adding the milk in small amounts and whisk until all the lumps are gone. Add veggie broth, nutritional yeast, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a low boil, reduce heat to low, and whisk until soup thickens and desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Serve as a soup or use in recipe that calls for Cream of Mushroom Soup. Can be refrigerated for up to week in airtight container.
Keywords: cream of mushroom soup, vegan, creamy, rich, thanksgiving