These Maple Roasted Carrots are sweet, a little salty, and so easy to make. All you need are 7 simple ingredients to make a delicious side dish even kids will love! Vegan, oil-free, and healthy.
Carrots are a staple in our home and we always keep a bunch on hand. They’re cheap, healthy, last for weeks in the fridge, and are super versatile. You can eat them raw with hummus, roast them, sauté them, or even make carrot hot dogs.
But, my favorite, by far are these oil-free Maple Roasted Carrots. This recipe takes mere minutes to throw together and is something you can serve for both a simple or fancy dinner. Regardless, they are sure to be one of your most requested side dishes.
Ready? Let’s do this!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This recipe is so easy and requires very simple ingredients. But, the flavor of the maple roasted carrots is just simply amazing. All you need to make these maple glazed carrots are…
- Organic Carrots: I prefer small to medium organic carrots. Mainly because they look so pretty:) And I love using the greens as a garnish. But, you can use regular carrots.
- Pure Maple Syrup: For sweetness and caramelization.
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce: Add a bit of saltiness to offset the sweetness just a bit. A wonderful pairing.
- Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and oregano add an amazing depth of flavor.
- Red Pepper: I like adding just a sprinkle just a bit of red pepper flakes to the sauce before roasting for a tinge of heat. But, this is completely optional.
How To Make Maple Roasted Carrots
This recipe is easy and straightforward. You just trim and peel the carrots, toss them with the maple syrup and spice mixture on a baking sheet and then roast them for about 20 minutes.
Remember, every appliance is different so depending on your desired texture you may have to adjust the baking time.
How To Serve Maple Roasted Carrots
Serve these vegan maple roasted carrots with these vegan main dishes:
More Amazing Vegan Side Dishes
- Creamy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- Vegan Instant Pot Collard Greens
- Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
These Maple Roasted Carrots are easy to make, vegan, vegetarian, oil-free, versatile, salty, sweet, and absolutely delicious!Print
These Maple Roasted Carrots are sweet, savory, and so easy to make. All you need are 7 simple ingredients to make a delicious side dish even kids will love! Vegan, oil-free, and healthy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, peel and trim the carrots if necessary.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and oregano.
- Lay the carrots out in a single layer on the baking sheet and pour the maple syrup mixture over the carrots. Use your hands to toss the carrots until they are covered.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then, gently flip the carrots with a spatula and cook for another 10 minutes. Depending on your appliance, size of the carrots, and desired texture cooking time may vary.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped carrot greens if you so desire.
Set aside a little of the maple syrup mixture to pour on top of the carrots after cooking. Deeelish!
I like to cook my carrots a little longer so they char on the outside.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan maple roasted carrots, maple glazed carrots, roasted carrots maple syrup, roasted carrots with maple syrup