Easy Vegan Fudge made with just 5 ingredients! This simple dairy-free fudge recipe is rich, naturally sweetened, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! A much healthier option compared to other traditional versions, it’s gluten-free and oil-free.
Every food blogger, including me, likes to say their recipe is “the best.” But, we all know that’s completely subjective. There’s no way of actually knowing if something is THE best. It’s like people who try out for American Idol because grandma said they could sing. It usually turns out to be a dumpster fire.
I’ve tried my fair share of “this is the best…” Sometimes they’re good and sometimes they suck. So, why do we as food bloggers say such things? Well, we’re not gonna post something and say, “Try my mediocre muffins!” The truth is we hope it catches your eye and Google’s attention. More clicks mean more money. Food bloggers gotta eat too.
Why did I feel the need to say all this? I have no idea. But, THIS IS THE BEST VEGAN FUDGE! You should make it for the holidays, people you like, or yourself. There are no fake ingredients, it’s super simple, and tastes like real fudge should taste. Rich, creamy, chewy, chocolate decadence at its finest.
In this life, there are vegan fudge recipes and there’s this vegan fudge recipe. I trust you will choose wisely. Godspeed on your journey.
Here’s all you need to make this vegan fudge recipe.
- Vegan or non-dairy chocolate chips: When it comes to chocolate, the fewer ingredients the better.
- Almond Butter: replaces the oil or butter that’s found in traditional fudge and helps the vegan fudge to set up. You could use peanut butter, but it will affect the flavor. Almond butter is much more neutral in taste and doesn’t take away from the chocolate.
- Coconut Milk: adds a creamy, milk chocolate essence to the fudge. But, you could omit this if you prefer.
- Maple Syrup: most people find dark chocolate too bitter. So, this helps to sweeten it up just a bit. Again, this can be omitted if you prefer a “darker” tasting fudge.
- Vanilla: for the depth of flavor.
This recipe couldn’t be any easier. You simply melt, pour, and chill.
- Line a standard loaf pan or 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Be sure to clear some space in the fridge or freezer for your pan.
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot or medium saucepan. Then, warm over low heat, while stirring often, until the fudge is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or spatula. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until the fudge is firm to the touch. You can also place it in the freezer to speed up the process. This usually takes about 30-45 minutes.
- Lift the fudge out of the pan by using the parchment paper. Use a sharp knife and cut into 21 even squares or desired size.
That’s all there is to it! It’s the perfect dessert for a holiday gathering or a simple treat the family will enjoy throughout the week.
And, you can feel less guilty about feeding your chocolate craving. Because this recipe is healthier than traditional versions. It’s oil-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Storing and Freezing
Refrigerator and Room Temperature
Leftover vegan fudge can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Just be sure and keep it away from direct sunlight or other heat sources so the fudge doesn’t melt.
Place your vegan fudge in a freezer-safe container and store it for up to 2 months in the freezer. You can enjoy it right out of the freezer, if you like firm desserts, or let it thaw until it softens up a bit.
I have no doubt you’ll love this homemade dairy-free vegan fudge. It’s so delicious and deceptively simple to make. So much easier to make than regular fudge. Easy vegan fudge, made with just five simple ingredients. That means it’s essentially foolproof (my kind of recipe).
More Vegan Christmas Dessert Recipes
Be sure and subscribe to Shane & Simple so you never have to miss a recipe. And, if you try this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment with a star rating. I would be eternally grateful because it helps more than you know! Blessings.Print