These Vegan Belgian Waffles are delicious and so easy to make. Made in one bowl with 8 simple ingredients. Perfect for your weekend brunch.
By now, it’s pretty obvious I love breakfast. It is my favorite meal of the day. And, I also love waffles. Who doesn’t? But, let’s admit it. They ain’t the healthiest things in the world. So, I felt the need to do something about it.
I chose to use a Belgian-style waffle maker because I like big waffles. I also like the characteristics of a Belgian-style waffle. The crispiness around the edges and a little fluffy and chewy everywhere else. Awesome! But, any waffle iron will work. Use what you got!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
These vegan Belgian waffles are amazing. You’d never know they were vegan and healthy. They’re also low-fat, super simple to make, and absolutely delicious!
- Flax instead of eggs.
- Maple syrup for sweetener.
- Unsweetened almond milk instead of dairy.
- Since we are not using oil, unsweetened applesauce.
- And, for the batter, I used a mixture of whole wheat flour and oat flour. I tend to like my waffles a little more “hearty” than fluffy. And, the combination worked perfectly.
Table of Contents
How To Make Vegan Belgian Waffles
These vegan Belgian waffles are so simple to make. Start by sifting the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl. Then, add the flax egg, unsweetened applesauce, milk, and maple syrup.
Pour ½ cup of the batter into the waffle maker and let it cook until the waffle is nice and golden. You should be able to get at least 4 waffles from one batch.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Vegan Belgian Waffles
You are going to love these Vegan Belgian Waffles. They’re…
- A little sweet
- Crispy on the edges
- Absolutely delicious
- Preheat nonstick waffle iron.
- Make flax eggs and put aside allowing it to set up for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in applesauce, maple syrup, flax eggs, and milk. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined and make a smooth batter. Let batter sit for about 5-10 mins.
- Lightly spray the waffle iron with cooking spray if you don’t have a good nonstick waffle iron. You should be able to get about 2 to 3 waffles.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Plate and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 8 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 386.1 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: breakfast, vegan, plant-based, belgian waffles