Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes are so easy to make. Hearty, healthy and free from dairy, oil, and eggs. Low-fat, vegan, plant-based and delicious!
Saturday mornings are for pancakes and your reward for a long hard week. So, don’t spoil it with some piss poor pancake made with processed crap and hydrogenated oils that come in a yellow box.
You deserve the best vegan pancake recipe. Let me rephrase: you deserve the best Vegan Blueberry Pancake recipe. And, you can have both in one recipe. And, here it is.
Let’s make some pancakes.
How Do You Make Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
The base for these delicious dairy free pancakes is equal amounts of whole wheat flour and oat flour. A great combination to make them hearty, fluffy, and tender.
After the flour, it’s just a little water, almond milk, applesauce, and a couple of mashed bananas. And, to hold it all together I use flax. Super important! Not just because flax is a great egg replacer, it’s also a killer source of Omega 3’s and fiber.
Blueberries are fierce warriors when it comes to protecting your health. They help to maintain healthy bones, lower blood pressure, fight diabetes, protect against heart disease and even prevent cancer. Yeah, they’re pretty bitchin’ and the King of antioxidant foods.
So, it only stands to reason you should combine them with bananas and make these killer vegan blueberry banana pancakes.
OK, we’ve established these things are healthy, low fat pancakes. But, are they any good?
No, they’re not good. THEY’RE DELICIOUS!
Do you think I’d give you something that sucked? NO! And, I sure wouldn’t put them on my blog. I’m trying to make a living here.
IF on the rare occasion there are leftovers, freeze them so you can throw them in the toaster for a quick breakfast when you’re running late.
No more excuses for skipping the most important meal of the day! Remember today’s word boys and girls: Vegan Blueberry Pancakes.
You only get one Saturday morning each week! Don’t waste it. Make these awesome Vegan Blueberry Banana Pancakes.
Did you make these pancakes?
You will love these Vegan Blueberry Banana Pancakes. They’re…
These Vegan Blueberry Pancakes are fluffy, hearty, healthy and delicious. Super easy to make and free from diary, oil, and eggs. Low-fat, vegan, plant-based and amazing!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour (see Notes below)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed (flax seed meal)
- 1 Tbsp baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 medium sized bananas mashed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
ADD’L TOPPINGS (optional)
- Fresh blueberries
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup (real, not that fake, cheap crap in the old lady bottle)
- If you have a non-stick griddle, preheat to 350 degrees. If using a nonstick skillet, heat on medium to medium-high.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place all wet ingredients, except for bananas and blueberries, into another bowl and mix well. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined, but do not over mix. Leaving some lumps is just fine.
- Add the bananas and blueberries to the batter. Mix well.
- Once cooking surface is ready, lightly spray a large skillet with cooking spray if needed.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. But, if you’re like me and want your pancakes the size of manhole covers, allow 1/2 cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until you start to see the pancake bubble or the edges start to crisp up a bit. These pancakes are dense so they may not bubble like most recipes. I usually let them cook for about a minute then flip and cook for another 30 seconds or so. But, every stove top and griddle is different.
*You can make your own oat flour by adding 1 cup of old-fashioned oats to a blender and processing until it looks like oat flour. Yes, it’s that simple. *The number of pancakes this recipe will yield using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake is about 14. Using 1/2 cup of batter will usually give you 7-8.
- Category: Breakfast