This Vegan Marinara sauce requires just 1 pot, 7 ingredients, and is ready in less than 10 minutes. It’s so easy to make, super healthy, oil-free, and delicious!
If you have been craving a delicious vegan spaghetti sauce that doesn’t require intensive laboring then look no further. This oil free marinara sauce is amazing! It’s low in calories, fat free, and incredibly versatile.
I used everyday pantry staple items to whip up this delicious recipe. And, trust me. No one will ever know the difference. You will not sacrifice on taste or health with this recipe. You’ll never need to buy store-bought pasta sauce again…EVER!
Vegan Marinara sauce that’s ready in 10 minutes and requires only 7 ingredients. It’s so easy and simple and requires only one pot. A great recipe to prepare ahead of time so you can enjoy this amazing sauce for the week!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Tomatoes: (2) 28-ounce cans of Cento Crushed Tomatoes or San Marzano Tomatoes.
- Spices: I like using dried oregano and basil because they are much more accessible. A little onion powder and garlic powder. And, a pinch of red pepper for a bit of heat. I always say it’s optional, but it really does add a nice depth of flavor.
- Maple Syrup: I like sweeter sauces, but feel free to leave this out if you want a more savory essence.
- Salt: Add to taste, but this is completely optional. Just be sure to use low-sodium tomatoes.
How To Make Vegan Marinara Sauce
This recipe really could not be any easier. You simply add all the ingredients to a large pot and simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Then, reduce the heat to low and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes. That’s it! Don’t be afraid to get creative. Feel free to toss in mushrooms or chopped veggies to make a very hearty spaghetti sauce.
How Can I Use Marinara Sauce
There’s really no “one way” as it is so versatile. But, it’s great to serve over pasta or veggies. However, I love using it in my Vegan Lasagna Rolls. Amazing!
Also, be sure and try it over regular pasta and topped with my delicious Vegan Parmesan!
How Long Will It Keep
You can store the marinara in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. So, it’s great for a quick “grab and go” meal during the week.
Can I Freeze Vegan Marinara Sauce
Absolutely! Pour it into a freezer bag or a sealed container after it has cooked and set it in the freezer. Freeze the whole batch together or into smaller portions. It will last for about a month in the freezer.
When you’re ready to use it simply place it in the fridge the night before you’re ready to cook and reheat it in a saucepan.
More Delicious Vegan Sauce Recipes
- Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Easy Vegan Chipotle Aioli
- The Best Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- Cashew Sour Cream or Tofu Sour Cream
- Vegan Date Caramel
And, as always, be sure and let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating. If you want to be kept up to speed on all that’s going down with Shane & Simple and my latest recipes SUBSCRIBE HERE!Print